No business visa for Egyptian or Iraqi nationals for private companies

We have just received official notification that no more business visas will be allowed for Egyptian or Iraqi nationals. The only exception to this rule is NOC and other government corporations.

The only way to bring people of these nationalities would be through the work visa process.

Siddiqui

....is it for Egyptian & Iraqi only? i have received info yesterday that it is applied to all nationality..

We received advice today that it is for all nationalities; immigration are not accepting applications and will not process visa extensions for those already in country either.

Anyone have any better information??

howcome i egyptian and my cesidence renew month ago

Hilton wrote:

howcome i egyptian and my cesidence renew month ago

Because:

(a) residency isn't a 1 month or 6 month visa
(b) that was a month ago. The changes have happened in the last few days, the usual Libyan knee jerk response.

how about the current business visa which still is valid until next few months? can I  use that for exit and entry before expiration? or this will be affected as well?

Yes - it seems all business visa applications are on hold at the moment (I'm expired as of tomorrow)

The letter that I have received specifically states Iraq and Egypt nationals. Doesn't mention other nationalities.

This is only for Business visa. Work visa applications, renewals, exit/re-entry permits are being processed as before.

Siddiqui