New in KL, place to live and friends!

Hello guys,

I have been reading through many forums before deciding to write my first topic here as people seem to be very nice and helpful around here...:)
I will be back to Kuala Lumpur in a couple of weeks.
I already know this town as I was living there in 2005-2006, but I guess it has changed a little since that time.

I used to live in PWTC area, where there were relatively cheap condos, and consequently a big community of students and young expatriates careful about their expenses.

What I enjoyed a lot was the great times I had with friends there, as we had every week a lot of events with a mix of expatriates and local people, gathering for dinners, parties, sport (tennis, badminton, basket, futsal,...), and nice travels around Malaysia and ASEAN...

I will be working in KLCC, then I am looking for advice on where to live according to few conditions :

- Would like to rent a room in a condo, to share flat with 1 or 2 young flatmates, expatriates or locals.

- Nice community of young expats or locals willing to share different events

- I dont need luxury, then I would like a reasonible monthly rent (500-1000RM)

- Would be great if there are sport facilities like gym and either tennis/squash/badminton field.

- Convenient to go to KLCC by public transport or sometimes taxi.

- and great if there is nice food stall/mamak food around!! :))

I would appreciate any advise about that, and would be pleased to meet any friend willing to share some of these interests when I am in KL!

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim

Welcome back to Malaysia soon :)

I am staying around PTWC area. With your budget, you will be able to get quite a good deal. Maybe a medium size room fully furnished. Condo will have gym, tennis court, swimming pool, sundry shop, sauna,beauty salon, music room, reading room, jacuzzi, etc

Shopping mall nearby with free-standing shops all around. Public transportation are superb with LRT, Monorail & KTM Communter within minutes of walking distance.

My house mate works nearby to KLCC. He will commute by train to work or by taxi at times.

If you need my assistance, let me know. I know of this great German guy who have a few condo units for rent.

Cheers,

Chris

Hello Chris and thanks for your reply...

Is it one of the Puteri/Putera/Bistari condo?
I liked this area a lot,but felt it was just missing a nice outside mamak or foodstall, it was a bit sad to have dinner in a closed area under PWTC mall...:)

Hi Nassim

Yes, condos are around that area. You might find changes from 4 -5 years back while you lived here ;)

Alternatively, if you are keen on staying around Bukit Bintang areas, you will get a lot of nightlife happenings which is not really my idea of living a peaceful surrounding and furthermore, the room rental there will be more expensive.

Further away from the city center, you will need good public transportation then. You might like to look at Bangsar, an expat heaven. Not sure about the public transportation there.

Good Luck! :)

Cheers,
Chris

Just an update as I finally arrived in KL today...

dont hesitate to reply to this post or send me a message if you want to plan something for this weekend or later...

See u soon!

Nassim

Welcome back Nassim!

Hope that you have settle in by now. Do have a great time :cool:

Cheers,
Chris

welcome back to malaysia.
hope everything is going great :D

hope u will have a blast here..

cheers.

je t ai vu hier l aprem dans le LRT , t es descendu a klcc ou ampang park ps sure t etais en mode sport .dis moi que j ai mal vu .

peace

Tacki

Hi Tacki!

I think I saw u too, but I was not sure, yes I was sportswear as I went for a long walk around masjid jamek and pasar seni...
How are things going for u?
I think I forgot to reply your private message, will do now

Nassim