Living in Nepal

You are living in Nepal, or you used to live in Nepal.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in Nepal?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in Nepal?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Nepal?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hi

This is hard to find a work like french teacher without experiences or anything else like this?

Thanks for your tips.

Flo

Flo715 wrote:

Hi

This is hard to find a work like french teacher without experiences or anything else like this?

Thanks for your tips.

Flo

Sorry Flo, but in my idea this will be close to impossible. People / Companies here are usually looking for experienced people...
But if there would be any work for a french teacher in Kathmandu, then most likely the local branch of the Alliance Francaise would know about it. Why don't you try contacting them?

http://www.alliancefrancaise.org.np/

Good luck!

Jorge.

Hi
I will be doing some work in Nepal - 100 or so days over the next 18 months. I am looking for a serviced apartment - preferably with a gym and pool. Any suggestions appreciated.
Jan

A serviced apartment? I would not even know where to start looking for that. You could try asking your embassy in Nepal, you might be lucky and get a response from their network...

But if you're going to stay here for about 100 days over a period of 1.5 years they you might consider making a long-term deal with one of the up-scale hotels, where you would be able to choose one with a gym and pool on premises. I think that would about level out regarding costs compared to a high-end apartment complex and would give you a lot more personal care while being here. They would probably store your personal items for you during your absence.

Jorge.