Living in China

You are living in China, or you used to live in China.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in China?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in China?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in China?

Thanks in advance for your participation

How would you describe life in China?

it's great. i have everything i need here.

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

i went to china, because i already have a job offer. i don't think i'd go here if i still have to search for one.

it's not so difficult to find accomodations because the company helped out and i have friends here already. but i think in general, i was also worried about getting a new place since i don't speak chinese. although some of them do speak english, most likely your landlord doesn't. so better have a chinese local with you in your search.

Is it complicated to make friends in China?

no, not at all. i think that so long as you're not negative, you're not offensive in anyway, it'll be easy to make friends. but of course it's easier to make friends with people who know english. but the people who sell me stuff are quite friendly and helpful too even though we don't understand each other. lol.

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in China?

just take it easy. don't let the small things bother you. everywhere there are problems. but just be yourself and do the things you enjoy and let them live their way. live and let live.

I think it depends where you stay and live.
To live in the big cities like Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Peking,
you may find more or less like New York, London , Tokyo or Hong Kong, even though there are quite different in some aspects and culture. But the development in China today are very fast and improving a lot here in China for those big cities.

For Expat, communication is one of the obstacles! So the sooner you can learn , the more you will find the interesting things here in China; also some understandings no matter good or bad!

Staying in the North of China is very much various in compare with those people living in the South of China. So when we are talking China, we must point out very clear where you are talking. Just think about one province here is more or less same like a country in Europe!

Just talking all expat some basic stuffs about China.
Chinese do not talk directly when they express their feeling
but very often indirectly. Thus new expat arriving China and do not know the culture and the traditional habits will always misunderstand some meanings. As Chinese culture advocates for
polite attitudes and manners in the old days till now from the families and the school. Thus Chinese people are very often being not easy to understand by expat.

But i think, the young Chinese today are changing now.

Hi everybody ,

when i arrived in Shanghai , one of the biggest difficulty I had was to find a good place to do sports. I was used to practice Karate and I have been really disapointed to see that no Dojo was set in Shanghai . ( In my mind , China was the land of Martial ARts ... ) .
Then , I discovered this website Born.com . Thanks to Born.comI can find all the Sports and leisure faciltites near I live ,which is very convenient as I am traveling a lot in this big country .
;-)
So I have one thing to say : Enjoy you life in China with Born.com

Cheers !