Living in North Korea

You are living in North Korea, or you used to live in North Korea.

Share your experience!

How would you describe life in North Korea?

Has it been complicated to settle down, to find an accommodation and a job?

Is it complicated to make friends in North Korea?

What would you recommend to people who would like to live in North Korea?

Thanks in advance for your participation

anyone from North Korea?

anyone from N.Korea?

Do you guys even understand North Korea???

lol

I lived in North Korea for 1 year. Only people working for an NGO, International organizations or embassies can live there. There are only 100 foreigners there, all living and working in the same area, they all know each other... Your organization takes care of everything: housing, driving license if needed, visa...

this is when i want to live in north korea

Expat.com wrote:

You are living in North Korea

I am?  Holy shingles.  I really need to talk to my travel agent.

bnono32 wrote:

I lived in North Korea for 1 year. Only people working for an NGO, International organizations or embassies can live there. There are only 100 foreigners there, all living and working in the same area, they all know each other... Your organization takes care of everything: housing, driving license if needed, visa...

Just how did you wind up with a gig there? Any stories that you can share or are you saving it all for a book? I don't know if you have but there's the "Inspector O" series of books about a cop in North Korea and it often alludes to foreigners running small businesses in NK. I take it that this is all a fanciful creation of the author?

And Hailey - your little snarky comments on this forum have brightened my day. Thank you.

[moderated: off topic + avoid copy/paste on the forum pls.]