Property prices in Uzbekistan

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Uzbekistan is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Uzbekistan?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla ,
regarding this topic I want share some information.
-first of all Expats have no authority for purchase or sale  any property. ( without Uzbek / residence visa .) There is only possibility like if you have registered company (officially ) with capital , then you can purchase office /home declare as company property name , which normally   not easy process  have so many local difficulties about documents. Approval s  issues etc .

- About Rent : have variables which  depends area location  ,for this first  you need local police approval (Avir ) + documents like.
  (Minimum 3-6 months contract  between two parties with notary public stamp include govt tax per month ) .
-Actual contract for Govt , and practical agreement always  have different rent rates .
- normally one room flat rent is 150-300 USD .

Hope i am able to answer your questions.
Regards

I lived in Tashkent from September 2014 to June 2015. I had a large, newly renovated, 2-bedroom apartment on the ground floor about 1/2 block from TSUM, and my rent was US$1000 per month. My colleagues at the university where I was teaching thought that was very high, but the apartments I looked at in the $500 to $700 range were all either fourth-floor apartments in buildings with no elevator, were unrenovated, or were in inconvenient locations.

I loved the apartment and the location. Shopping was either within walking distance or a short taxi ride away. Many buses stop at TSUM and the nearest metro station was about five blocks away, so I could get around very easily by public transportation. Taxis were available at TSUM, but it was also easy to catch a "taxi" -- that is, an unofficial taxi -- on the busy street in front of TSUM. If I return to Tashkent for another extended stay, I will certainly want to live in the same neighborhood.