Property prices in the United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in the United Arab Emirates is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in the United Arab Emirates?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Appreciate this initiative, It will help thousand of expacts directly or indirectly. Thanks fr this topic

Hello Priscilla
Good Morning

I would say it completely depends on your budget, convenience and your lifestyle.
You have ample of places where people share their apartments; which is kind of illegal though.
Some stay in shared accommodation provided by the company.

Budget can range from 55-120K AED for studio/1 BR.

The more you move away from city the cheaper it gets; however there are some exceptions.
YAS, Corniche ,Sadiyat and AL RAHA, AL reem are ideal places to live if you like places that are not overly crowded.
If you are used to living in busy populated cities then Hamdan street , Electra and the adjourning places are good. You will see life moving around you; but overly crowded.

Now it completely depends on your budget and convenience! Hope this helps.!

cheers!

Just to add to my above post the property rates are expected to fall by 10-15% and at some places in abu dhabi they are actually happening.

I stay in Sharjah, much cheaper than in Dubai. Beware of real estate agents that make u pay much more than u should. I have a 2 bedrooms with view on the Sharjah lagoon... So no reason to complain..

Property prices have certainly fallen recently in Dubai and Sharjah. Still they are not in affordable range in Dubai. Most of the two bedroom apartments in Dubai are priced above AED75k. 2BHK apartments in Sharjah are available from AED40 to 50K.

Tnx for saying it....

Good day,
I live in sharjah, here the flats are available in affordable price,  a two bed room flat is available area near by rolla for 35 and above. the issue is parking place. so you may have to find another 350 aed as monthly parking fee. before I used to park in some katcha areas where I found lines and drawings on my car by some mischievous people so as not to park there in future. but the areas near by rolla are always crowded.

Salam,

Can you please send me details of estate agents, i am relocating to Sharjah Insha Allah come end of 2017.

Will be visiting in July 2017 to look for flats, jobs and schools.

Much appreciated

For Sharjah, it's around 45,000 per year....