Property prices in El Salvador

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in El Salvador is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in El Salvador?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hello, Pricilla!

I am a US citizen who married a lady from El Salvador. We have a lovely 14 year old and we moved to the states about two years ago.

I lived in San Salvador for about 6 years. We rented for about a year and then purchased a home in the Escalon area. We really had not problem in purchasing the home. We really love our home and our neighbors. The house is like 10 minutes away from EVERYTHING!

It is 5 minutes away from Tabernaculo Biblico Bautista Amigos de Israel

It is 5 minutes away from Galeria Mall

It is 10 minutes away from Multiplaza.

We walk to a supermarket.

I mean it is close to EVERYTHING!

We currently have the house rented and are looking to sell it, since we do not know when or if we will return. But we do miss the life of energy that we had in El Salvador.

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please post your advert in the Housing section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct