Property prices in Oman

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Oman is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Oman?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

What is the cost of a genuine opinion ...😊

The prices are affordable. I have been renting for 2 yrs now and I asked my landlord to reduce the rent it did by 20RO. .

Hi Christine , Hi everyone on this forum,

1- The most desirable places must be the most relevant as to distance from work , time  elapse , access to shops and restu. and comfort ; In this regard AlKhwair is a good choice .

2- The  most affordable , I shall arrange in ascending order which means the upper is the more expensive:
- AlKhwair
- Madinet assultan
-Darsait
- Ruwi
- Ghobra
-El Qurum
- Matrah
-Bawsher
- Nizwa, Maabela, Seeb , Al AAmeratt ,alWattyeh,.Seeb

3- Average cost, depends on the type of  building ( is it a villa , a studio , a residential building,,,,)  but to give a figure I must say a small 20  sqm with kitchen and bathroom costs 15 ROs per sqm a month in the relatively affordable zones like Azaiba for ex.

4- Sales price , no idea.

5- I live in Azaiba , it is fine , serene, accessible and affordable .

Hoping this will help, drawing the attn. that sometimes pooling, when possible, helps living in a good place and good house at reasonable price.

How much rent for normal plot 2 bedrooms 2bathrooms in Sur Sharkiya region?

glenn de roxas wrote:

How much rent for normal plot 2 bedrooms 2bathrooms in Sur Sharkiya region?

Hi glenn de roxas,

Between R.O. 250/- to R.O. 350/-, depending on the condition of the apartment, its location and the facilities provided.

In terms of house rents, Muscat is the most expensive. Tier 2 and Tier 3 towns like Salalah, Sohar, Sur and Nizwa would get progressively less expensive than Muscat.