Close

Property prices in France

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in France is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in France?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I have been living the dream as they say .....for 9 years.
Changing, careing and loving this big beautiful property
in this splendid region of Gironde sitting on one side of the river
and watching the world go by on the other side.
We grow grapes in our region and  we provide for the most romantic
weddings ever.
I provide accommodation for foodies who want to stay somewhere
a little stylish.
St Emilion.....Libourne and Monbazilliac way.....nowhere more dreamy
and green.

We kept our search to the south west quarter of France, for quiet country villages, better weather, fewer people, better prices. Drove all over and looked at a load of houses, we were really looking for a country house that was structurally sound, and habitable but we could do it up to our taste. Not one that had been done up English style with PVC windows . Found one we liked in Poitou Charente but the land around it was flat dry boring. Ended up in Haute Vienne, in a maison de maitre on the edge of a small town, but with a two acre garden. Not what we intended but we are do glad we took that decision!  I can walk to town, supermarkets, doctors, hospital etc, or get to Limoges in half an hour and Poitiers in 50 mins, or beautiful countryside in minutes!

If you want to see go to our home page http://www.bellacmaison.com/

Expatriate health insurance in France

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in France

Moving to France

Find tips from professionals about moving to France

Travel insurance in France

Enjoy a stress-free travel across France

Flights to France

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to France