Property prices in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Egypt is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Egypt?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I think 6 of October city is the best place to enjoy privacy and quite and the prices depends on your need because it's has various prices start from 230,000 till late 6 millions and for the rent prices it's start from 1800 to 15 000 and this area full of hotels, sports clubs, malls and it's has easy and flexible transportation from downtown and back so I think my city is the best of the best :)

Hi
has anyone bought an apartment in Madinaty lately? I will be coming out to Egypt next month to look around. Any tips on where to buy? it will be for me and my family.
Thanking you in advance
fats.

After being a tourist to Upper Egypt for over 20 years myself and partner decided to retire to Upper Egypt nearly 8 years ago, we absolutely loved it. Then came the upheavals and things changed. We had hoped things would get better within 2to 3 years, but we were wrong, things got worse. Not reall for us but for the local people.  We built our own villa to live in and employed 2 young persons to clean and keep tidy. We are now well into our 60s and after much soul searching and due to the medical care situation we feel it is time to move on, after all at our ages health can decline and we expect better treatments than some are getting. We also expect to pay the same as everyone else for medical and hospital treatment and not be stolen from because we are Europeans. We have put our villa on the market for the same price we paid for it in 2010 £47,000, except we are selling it completely furnished with all the white goods. So far we have had no one to look around it. We intend moving to a more Westerised Country with free Medicare provided by payments during our working life. The other thing we are concerned about is the number of supermarkets that have stopped selling quality food from overseas, and are now only providing sub quality food that suits the local economy. Not everyone wants sub standard tasteless food. The other thing that bothers us is the new visa problems, we invested in Egypt but yet are not allowed to apply for a residence visa, only a tourist visa, which depending on the day you will only get one for 3months, some get 6 months others get 1 year there is no continuity to visa applications at all. So you may go and renew and are told to leave the Country. Many Europeans have left and have no intention of returning. Like I say we had hoped that within a 3 year period things would have shown some sign of improvement but it has not, and we see improvements many years away. Due to this we have started enquiries to move, we mainly want a more secure way of living, one where we will be appreciated more and a life, that has not so many pressures and demands.

Thank you very much for your input on the subject. I will be studying for the first year and if it all work out i will be spending half of the year between the UK and Egypt.
I wish you all the best.
Fats

What are the most desired places to live?
Zamalek, Heliopolis, Maadi in the older parts of town...or 5th October, Kattameya, Shiek Zayed in the newer parts

What are the most affordable ones?
Probably Maadi
What is the average cost of a rented flat?
Big range depending on what you are looking for. ..a prestigious flat $2-3k or villa $4k
Otherwise £E1-5k (2-4 bedrooms usually furnished)

And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house?
Again big range from £E800k& up

What about you? Where did you choose to live and why? Is it a place/neighborhood you would recommend? And where do you live now?
I live in Maadi to be convenient to work & yes I would recommend it...

please exactly where is your villa east bank or west
and how far from the Nile
and how large how many rooms and bedrooms
and how much in Egyptian pounds....

thank you

Dr. Maimunah

xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Our villa is 50M from the Nile, has two en suite bedrooms, large fitted kitchen, external utility room, spa pool, 3 Sundecks, walled completely. We are asking £47,000. The villa comes Air conditioned, and fully furnished, which includes all external furniture and sun parasols. If you look on YouTube Luxury Luxor Villa you will find all the pictures on a video. If you require anymore info. Please let me know,  xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
In Luxor we have flats for rental At 150€ a month, All included and equipped. For sale already At 25000€ flats with 2 sleeping Rooms, Kitchen, reception, living room, bathroom, balcony. Also equipped with furniture.
Have a Look on facebook, luxorflats.

We don't have a flat we have a villa with private walls and a private pool. What you call equipped is not my idea of being equipped, Kitchens are basic, no duvets, very few en suites, and poorly decorated unless you like gaudy colours. Probably people do, I don't know, but each to their own. Not my choice though, that is why we built our own.

Hello,
Is the villa still in sale?

Yes it's still for sale, but property sales in Luxor are very slow at the moment, so no matter what the prices are, property seems to be on the sale market for a long time in Luxor. But we live in hope.

PEACE TO ALL

I'm not good with Egyptian pounds to USD amounts yet,
what does 47,000 le  come to in EGP at this time

looking for apartment in Red Sea area

47,000 EGP =2,601.21USD
ref: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/con … amp;To=USD - click on this link to go to a currency conversion website.