Property prices in Belize

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Belize is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Belize?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Without a doubt Corozal is the most affordable location for expats.  Real Estate is price drive here.  Unlike most ocean front areas in Belize, we do not have miles of sandy beaches.  What we do have is a vibrant expat community and excellent access to Mexico for travel options, shopping, terrific restaurants, museums and cultural events.  Here there is a near-island experience but with a car.
I have been in Belize for nearly 10Years and have never, for a moment, regretted my choice. 
It's possible to buy a home here, on a half acre lot, that needs some work to realize full potential as an income producer for near $150.  I know of nice apartments and homes for $600/mo.  Of course, sea front runs higher as it is a limited commodity, but still substantially under prices in other areas. 

I chose Corozal for all the reasons outlined above and unless there is some cataclysm in my life, I
am here for the duration. 

Karen Wilkinson

Belize property prices have seen an incline in both the coastal and inland regions. Properties have been selling quite swiftly the past month.
I specifically have 2 sets of clients this week- that have made their travel plans to come in this week- ( made them 2 months ago) and quite a few properties they wish to see have sold. Recently, too resorts have sold in Belize.
Since the USA elections, I have seen that more inquiries are coming in as to people wanting to move to Belize, and yet, not ready to retire. This leaves them with the option of looking to buy business in landscaping, restaurant or dive business - in order to have income while working towards retirement in Belize.
This past month we have had 26 inquires at to help with the Belie retirement plan, so there are also people looking to officially retire here to.
This many inquiries in one month is unprecedented!
Feel free to email me with your Belize Real Estate questions if we or our team may be of assistance. I know when i moved to Belize over 12 years ago- i sure needed someone to care about the process for me !
Have a Terrific week ! Smiles from Belize !!

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the housing section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct