Close

Property prices in Istanbul

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Istanbul is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Istanbul?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Dear Ms. Priscilla,
thanks for Istanbul Inq.
All Properties rental rates are depend on area in Istanbul,
pls tell me how would you like to live as a student, alone or with family temporarily, permit. where will you come from
my palce is  recommend with family area all are closed with big&small mall & transport available.

pls get me in my whatsapp : *** and my skype ID : ***

lots of point have to discuss to better know and understand  ISTANBUL.

BR.
MUHAMMAD ASHFAQ PUNJANI

Moderated by Priscilla last week
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Priscilla,

In last years the real estate prices have rocketed. The issues you consider when choosing where to live in Istanbul is a safety of an area, prices, closeness to public transport, especially metro or ferry as traffic is typical in Istanbul.

There are many most desired places to live in Istanbul. Istanbul is very very big and desirable places are not cheap. Affordability depends on the earnings. I would say that 1600 Turkish lira is an average rental price for an apartment (not house) and it differs greatly from more central places to places that are harder to reach.

If you rent a house, you don't pay a tax for rental, as far as I know. The flat owner does. You pay different taxes when you buy an apartment, sell an apartment, own it (such as insurance against earthquake).

I live in Asian side, I would recommend this side of Istanbul.

Hello,
I have been living in Istanbul for the last 20 years on and off. PelinaBY made great and clear comments to your question. What more I can add is about the new building trends and urban transformation by which some parts of the city are under great construction. VEry high tower like buildings are being constructed. This also affects the house prices. The choice of place is, in this sense, important when renting or buying a flat.

On both sides of the city, there are a few places which are good to live as well as places which are not easy to afford.  In affordable nice places  such as Kadıkoy, Besiktas, Ortakoy, Beykoz, Sarıyer, Istinye, Bakırkoy, Atasehir which are within easy reach to public transportation,  an average  1 bedroom flat is 700 dollars, 2bedroom flat is 800 dollars. There are of course cheaper ones but not easy to find better prices. If you a little bit reduce your expectation from the neighborhood but still liveable, the prices may go %20 down.

For buying, again depending on the neighborhood along with other advantages of the region, house prices (if you are not really wealthy)  are between 100 thousand and  500 thousand dollars excluding the A+++ prices ( 1 million to ..... millionssssss)

Hope it helps.
Enjoy here.

Expatriate health insurance in Istanbul

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Istanbul

Moving to Istanbul

Find tips from professionals about moving to Istanbul

Travel insurance in Istanbul

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Istanbul

Flights to Istanbul

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Istanbul