Property prices in Quito

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Quito is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Quito?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Hi.
I rent a firnished appartment with 1 bedroom, in building. Centeral hot water. 24h security .... in 6 de dicimbre and gaspar de viaroel. Good place for 500$ monthly and i must pay only electrical. And deposit 2 month for garantee. In quito. North of carolica park. Near quicentro shoping center

bah_jaf wrote:

Hi.
I rent a firnished appartment with 1 bedroom, in building. Centeral hot water. 24h security .... in 6 de dicimbre and gaspar de viaroel. Good place for 500$ monthly and i must pay only electrical. And deposit 2 month for garantee. In quito. North of carolica park. Near quicentro shoping center

Thanks for sharing, but I do not recommended Gaspar de Villarroel and 6 de Diciembre at all. Major traffic, major pollution. And the residence the poster is probably talking about is the huge condo complex with about a dozen buildings at that corner. I know this area because the Domino's pizza I go to is exactly there.