Property prices in Alberta

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Alberta is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Alberta?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

If you want affordable housing, try to move to Hungary. I found a 2 bedroom two bathroom condo in Cranbrook,BC fro $225,000 under 1100sqf of living space.  Same size condo in Hungary costs around $114,330. House prices are way overpriced in Canada.   In Calgary I found one bedroom condo starts at Low $300,000 downtone. A single family home around 1800 sqft starts at $385,000 and up with single garage.

But here is something special. I live walking distance ( 1.3km) from Fishcreek Park.  I walk my dog every other day in the park from home.
Our 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house worth in today's market, $385-$405k. At the park's edge, check out this place.  Two bedrooms two bathroom for sale.

kijiji.ca/v-condo-for-sale/calgary/679-900-stunning-2-bed-2-bath-at-sanderson-ridge-in-evergreen/1215303838?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Re-think about moving here.  there are way more affordable places you could live for less.

I checked out your Island and found that the real estate prices are just as expensive as here in Canada.

Hello Tj63,

Thank you very much for your contribution. I am sure this will help lots of members here.

Juste to inform you that Priscilla is from the Expat.com team ;)

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com