Property prices in Belém

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Belém is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Belém?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Property prices vary depending on one's lifestyle and area of choice as well as rent on property. I am researching Belem property prices for old and new construction. Housing in Belem is different as for the area I live in is Marambaia and it is a older neighborhood with typical Brazilian housing, I am living in a small one bedroom home and it is paid for and it is small between 700 and 800 feet including the garage. Some of the houses that are for sale of say 1500 to 2000 square feet average between R $225,000 and R $ 555,000. We are moving to a small home of about 800+ square feet and the rent is about R $800.00 per month and we will be renting for 3-4 months while we expand the current house to add a bathroom and 2 bedrooms, a walk in closet and bathroom as well as a balcony for relaxing and catching a breeze(it's hot here/lol) to the current structure at a cost of approximate R $48,000. I have a friend who is located in another area of the city who is having a 3 bedroom home built for about R $80,000. I'll keep the group posted on prices as I look around more for there is the usual speculation with construction of apartments and homes as else where in major Brasilian cities and with the current economic climate of Brazil all things are negotiable, talvez.