Mobile Phone Options in Jubail

Dear Friends,
             What are the differnt mobile phone options in Jubail? Does the service provider provide the mobile phone if you take a 2 year contract? OR we need to buy the mobile phone and take the post paid connection? Inside the chemical plants, is they allow mobile phones with cameras? Please advise me. Thank you.

Please click on below website links for details. :)

You cannot take your phone inside the plant it is not allowed.

stc.com.sa/cws/portal/en/individual/ind-aljawal/ind-alj-start/ind-alj-str-prepaid - STC

mobily.com.sa/wps/portal  - Mobily

sa.zain.com/autoforms/portal/home?AF_language=en - Zain

sadly we dont have deals just like the states and UK , no plans really as in a year or 2 year contracts and discounted phones.

you need to buy your own phone and get a chip from STC or Mobily or zain and you need to see the deals they are offering ,

free min free sms etc etc

Hello all,
Does anyone have experience bringing a mobile phone bought in the U.S. to Saudi? I assume that all I would need is a SIM card from Mobily or STC, and the smart phone (e.g. Android or Blackberry) would work just fine, but I could be mistaken. Has anyone tried using their home country's cell phone with a Saudi SIM card and service? Thanks for your help.

Are nano SIM cards available for iPhone 5? What is the network speed like?  Is there 4G or LTE available or 3G??

ExpatPro wrote:

Are nano SIM cards available for iPhone 5? What is the network speed like?  Is there 4G or LTE available or 3G??

@ExpatPro - Based on my experience both STC and Mobily have nano sims for their customers, I'm not sure about Zain but I have a strong feeling they have it as well. As for data speed, I am using Mobily and I only manage to get LTE signal in Dammam and Khobar. Maybe those who's using STC and Zain can help out as well.

justadude wrote:

Hello all,
Does anyone have experience bringing a mobile phone bought in the U.S. to Saudi? I assume that all I would need is a SIM card from Mobily or STC, and the smart phone (e.g. Android or Blackberry) would work just fine, but I could be mistaken. Has anyone tried using their home country's cell phone with a Saudi SIM card and service? Thanks for your help.

@justadude - Check with your home country service provider and/or the dealer where you get your device, whether it is locked to a specific service provider or not. If it is locked, say to AT&T, then it will not work with Saudi sim cards.

There are ways to "unlock" the device but it require a little bit of effort, either learning how to do it yourself via internet or getting it done by mobile phone shops at a cost.

will_jub wrote:

sadly we dont have deals just like the states and UK , no plans really as in a year or 2 year contracts and discounted phones.

you need to buy your own phone and get a chip from STC or Mobily or zain and you need to see the deals they are offering ,

free min free sms etc etc

@will_jub - Actually we do have that in Saudi. You can buy devices on discounted price (even for free) if you subscribe to plans with contract. For iPhone under STC for example, you will get iPhone 5 32G for free if you subscribe to 18-month contract with a monthly commitment of 249SR.

More info here.

Most (if not all) service providers provide this kind of offer nowadays.