Close

Starting a commercial cleaning company in Kigali

I was planning to start a commercial cleaning company in Kigali. I do not know if this is a good idea.  Not sure whether I will be able to get clients (contracts) since I never lived in Kigali before. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, what do you mean by cleaning service ? As the government already collect the garbage to all citizens and security fees. I'd suggest laundry service instead :) You can send me a private message if you like

What I meant is cleaning buildings like malls, offices etc... I do not kmow if there are companies who do that in Kigli. In the west companies do get contracts for those kind of services. Thanks

Oh I see, yes there are such companies but maybe you can offer best and join the competition !

Unfortunately I would not recommend it for a foreigner.  This is because you will need a good number of local hire (which will form the backbone of the cleaning company), but unfortunately there is a language barrier, local hires at that level easily give up looking for better opportunity (quite understandable) and many are literally from the village and need quite a bit of supervision and training.. before leaving and one has to start all over again. Would not recommend it as my honest opinion!

Noted. Your recommendation is much appreciated. Thanks

Expatriate health insurance in Kigali

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kigali

Moving to Kigali

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kigali

Travel insurance in Kigali

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kigali

Flights to Kigali

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kigali