Please help me learn English

Hello
I want accented English come to my house and give me intense lessons..

WHAT LESSONS DO YOU WANT

jhulilang wrote:

WHAT LESSONS DO YOU WANT

Ones in an English accent as I understand the post, so you're out of the picture on this one,
Apart from that, please don't post in caps lock.

Save a lot of words but I can not link them together and use pronouns appropriate to the piece I need lessons in grammar and conversation

You need to practice

Wala8 wrote:

Save a lot of words but I can not link them together and use pronouns appropriate to the piece I need lessons in grammar and conversation

The grammar can be got from text books but they will send you to sleep.
English grammar is complex and boring to the point I can easily understand why people hate learning it.
That in mind, read novels and (sorry about the phrase) "Monkey see, monkey do".
It just means you'll pick up the grammar because you see it. Understanding why a grammatical point exists is often not required as long as you get it roughly right. The need to understand only really gets useful if you intend to go to a high level, perhaps a degree in English language or the higher Cambridge ESL examinations.
The rest of us muggle along without the slightest care, actually understanding signs that say, "10 items or less" in spite of the horrible grammar and not giving a rats if 'items' is countable or uncountable.

Use of pronouns is more important, but really pretty simple to grasp.

Now for the hard part, and that's pronunciation. For that one you need a native speaker with the accent you want to pick up and no one else will do.

My humble apologies, i just had a look at your profile and i see you are looking for some tutor lessons in English to learn the accent .

originaly i am not english speaking ,i lurned it on my walk tru life and from reading books ,but as many uk ppl speak there english whit heavy aksents depending from were the originate very heavy and us ppl mostly also have aksents depending from were they originate ,they can be hard to understand ,to my surprise a lot of the times here in the phils i get complimented on my good english i speak haha ,my spelling is not so good as i never was teached to write english .ppl here understand me better than most original english speakers haha .
is life not full of surprises lol

so read books lissen to english spoken radio an watch english spoken movies and series and you wil lurn ,thats how i picked up my english .

greets Dirk

Hello Wala8,
To learn the English language, you need to start with a good vocabulary. Then, you'll need to start applying those words in your daily life practices. For example, choose maybe a couple of days a week where you would only speak English for most of those days; at the house with the kids and/or the husband.

Don't worry about the accent, because for you to have the accent you'll need to live in the environment where it's always used and you would listen to it and hear it on a daily basis.

English is one of the easiest languages to learn. It's grammar is bit tricky but easy to figure out as well.

One of the suggestions from above was to read novels; but with all due respect, I would start with English Newspapers. As the Newspapers are 95% grammatically phrased and structured correctly. Another avenue, is the TV. Watch movies or series without any Arabic  subtitles, also watch and listen to the News. That on it's own will help you with the pronunciation of the words.

If you need further help, don't hesitate to ask.   

Good Luck...

oh brother...

hamudi wrote:

oh brother...

DWL

Yes i will teach you English and give you very intense lessons. How do you want to start.

2bz2p wrote:

One of the suggestions from above was to read novels; but with all due respect, I would start with English Newspapers. As the Newspapers are 95% grammatically phrased and structured correctly.

I see you haven't read UK newspapers - most are total crap both in grammar and content.
The only time that lot are better than books is if Jeffrey Archer wrote the latter.

If you're talking about the old thunderer, you're correct.

Wala8 wrote:

Hello
I want accented English come to my house and give me intense lessons..

jhulilang wrote:

Yes i will teach you English and give you very intense lessons. How do you want to start.

Do you have a native accent as requested by the OP?

That and you're claiming to teach English but your grammar is terrible.
Your inability to understand capitalisation and correct punctuation makes you totally unsuitable to teach English.

Wala,

Just my opinion but your probably best doing the same as most, watch American/Americanised TV.

In all my time here I have only heard one English & English teacher who speaks properly, Mary Poppins style (she's moved to Dubai). The basic rule seems to be if you haven't grown up as a 2nd or 3rd generation English speaker (in an original English speaking country) there will always be a hint of an accent. Particularly letters people can't properly pronounce like a "W", "P", "V" or "R". Same as the deep "H" or "Kh" in Arabic are close to impossible for me.

Maybe the best approach is not to try to learn it but to be able to understand how proper natives actually speak it. Many a Level 9 ninja master of English has come to dinner and not had a single clue as to what the welsh, real English (from the Nowwwf, or cockneys) , Irish and Scottish are saying or the real meaning of many of the unlearn-able phrases. Sort of a "lord of the rings" experience I'm told.

If you know and understood what she is asking. You would know what answer she needs.

mrthoth wrote:

Wala,

Just my opinion but your probably best doing the same as most, watch American/Americanised TV.

I have to totally disagree with this.
Apart from the use of slang that won't help the OP pass any tests at all, there is way too much bad language and that's likely to set the OP on a bad road as she often won't be able to tell the difference between slang and the atrocious foul language in so much American TV.
That and much of it employs horrible grammar thinly disguised as speaking English properly.

For advanced learners who can filter out the swearing, it will do as a way to learn an American accent (Whichever one is used).

jhulilang wrote:

If you know and understood what she is asking. You would know what answer she needs.

Add misuse of tenses to my list.

I wouldn't normally bother to correct a poster's bad English as this forum is populated by non native speakers and, if I'm being honest, it hardly matters anyway.
You're advertising as an English teacher so all that changes, meaning your total inability to construct a sentence correctly becomes an important issue.

Fred,

You have the advantage of being British, and as such can understand anyone's English. This is Saudi Arabia, so the choices are not as elaborate. Let's consider a few of the options today:

1. Learn English from an American who will have "Axed" you twice.
2. Canadian (sorry Somali) who can barely speak it themselves.
3. See if an Indian person is "awwwailable" to teach England.
4. Learn it from a "pillipino"

To balance this even against natives maybe an Irish person who can't pronounce an "H" or someone like me with a giant "R" and uses an "A" in place of a "Y" sometimes.

She's not asking to reach some mythical level for an English Test, and allegedly the listening part is all about differing accent in any case. There's no requirement to watch "Gangsta" TV I'm sure the National Geographic or Discovery don't have the questionable language issues.

The question was is there anyone who can show up in person and help me. Based on the language skills of the teachers here,  I'd consider all the alternative options.

i think you need more practice of spoken english then you will speak fluently

Get yourself a english speaking boyfriend and you will be fluent in the spoken word pretty soon.

* Practice
* Listen and watch English speakers for example Radio Riyadh English program, Saudi Channel English
* Write or type every day some pages

I hope this supports
Saleh

I am an English instructor and ready to help you,  but where do you live?

Hi everybody,

All those looking for a language tutor and those looking to teach english language, i invite you all to post in the language classes in Jeddah section.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Male or female?

Hi , i am available to assit you with your needs to learn how to speak English. 

Contact me on*

Regards

Yusuf

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Reading,reading, and reading
After that try to watch as much english movies as you can

ok
i can help u
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

so you just need to correct your accent or English also

Reason : Please drop an advert in the classifieds

Please help me learn English
I want a phone number to connect - your phone number xxx me I live in Riyadh :)

Hello I want to communicate with anyone who can speak to the English and a little from the Arab so I communicate with him and talk together in English, and if there is an existing English teacher in Riyadh, the best example of a foreigner Canadian dollars, or anyone Arabic but learning in a foreign country even be correct language
Shaker and destined you for your cooperation
  Will translate this speech by Google please forgive me

Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.

Hi. Do you still need an English Teacher? If you do, call me on *** please.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Lol..About the Canadian..I think you got us wrong...depends on whether someone is a native speaker..who was properly educated or if that person is a recent immigrant or hasn't been educated.  I am a native English Speaker who has a bachelor degree so when you hear me speak you wouldn't believe that I am ethnically Somali.

Regarding accents. It doesn't really matter as long as people can understand you. But if you still want to have the perfect accent the only way to achieve it is to live in the country whos accent you want. That way you are constantly hearing it. You will start speaking like them unconsciously eventually.

Hi I'm an Australian born and raised for 19 years if your still looking for an English teacher you can add me and DM me and we can talk about this situation

Hi I can help you. I'm Australian and I have the accent. I was born and raised for 18 years of in Australia. We can negotiate if you like?