An open letter from John Cleese to the people of America

Not at all, political satire, just like the OP, in my humble opinion, should have been deleted immediately.  :)

If somebody wants to make an uninformed, uneducated and inappropriate opinion based on hearsay and eco chamber nonsense, it is only right (pun intended) to provide the audience with a differing opinion with 3rd party facts, yet for enjoyment purposes for those who actually have a sense of humor.  However, as I have discussed with other members of expat, this forum seems to be very narrow minded with 1 viewpoint and this thread confirms it.    :gloria

FWIW - I do not like any political party or government, they all are corrupt, just some are more corrupt than others.

As long as it remains just a bit of poking fun with no actual politics, no biggie.
If it turns into a bunfight it would have to go.

Fred wrote:

As long as it remains just a bit of poking fun with no actual politics, no biggie.
If it turns into a bunfight it would have to go.

I agree, so why did the OP remain?  It is nothing but a political hit piece not only at a politician, but an entire country and insulting to more than 60 million people? 

Where do you draw the line?

The lanky chap insults everyone, not just Americans, I understand it's called satire but I'm equally aware English humour tends to be difficult for Americans, most never getting past the correct spelling. :D

This gentleman tends to say what he sees. It might be more to your tastes if you can understand a word of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gMJBQoHJ4E

vndreamer wrote:

FWIW - I do not like any political party or government, they all are corrupt, just some are more corrupt than others.

That's about in line with me. I have found by open dislike of Trump is usually taken as support for Clinton or the US Dem party, perhaps even a secretive communist.
Those with narrow minds tend to  argue on assumptions rather than truth or fact.
The OP's quote is very clearly designed as a comedy rather than an attempt at reality and, just as a note, wasn't about Trump at all, just re-vomited when he was elected.

vndreamer wrote:

I agree, so why did the OP remain?  It is nothing but a political hit piece not only at a politician, but an entire country and insulting to more than 60 million people?

http://i.imgur.com/kpBHEcQ.jpg

Political hit piece? No way! Insulting? Lighten up, please. It is just cultural jokes about Americans from a Monty Python guy (best comedy team ever). Jokes about pronunciation, spelling, food and football. jeez

I'm pretty sure he would have released the same joke if that woman won, what's her name?  :/

The feelings mutual, I responded months ago, but somebody took it way to serious and removed it.  The problem, people who find some things funny, others do not and vice versa.  But when others satire are not considered satire by subjective moderators, but find no problem with satire that others find offensive yet it remains, it is a pattern of behavior that has been destructive since the dawn of time.  Simply pointing it out should be educational, not confrontational.   :top:

No confrontation but there's quite a bit of comedy.
The Brits tend to say Americans have no humour but I really can't see how that's true..... maybe :D

Roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

Perhaps that bit has value.

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone,

This thread has been removed from HCM forum and is now on the Expat Cafe - open discussions.

I invite all participants/future participants to share only in regards to the humorous context of post #1 and not to share any political criticism.

Thank you,
Bhavna

Works for me.

Amen to that :top:

"A society of people will get exactly the form of government they rightfully deserve "- Thomas Jefferson, 1790.

ARB360 wrote:

"A society of people will get exactly the form of government they rightfully deserve "- Thomas Jefferson, 1790.

I'm sure most Americans aren't that bad ... maybe some. :D

No comment :cool:

The poor old Americans were a bit stuck, only having a choice between rubbish and rubbish this time around.

I blame the mysterious but powerful group of press and comedians that got together to bribe the parties' great and good in certain hope of four years of great material whichever idiot won.

Succeed in your expat family project with advice from other expats

OR