Close

Entrepreneur taxes

Hello everyone,

I am an Italian citizen living in Malta and I am thinking about to Montenegro.
Being an entrepreneur, I am trying to understand what are the correct social security rates in Montenegro for a self employed person.

I can see the income tax rates are 9% and 13%, but never understood about the social security rates, and I cannot find theme anywhere.

If possible, I would like to understand what are the total taxes on a turnover of e.g. 40.000 euros.

Thank you very much,
Ivan

Hi Ivan
PM me. I will put you in touch with my accountant - great lady, really knowledgeable and knows the laws inside out.

Ivan,

I agree with Monte-Tina.. best to contact an accounting service to get accurate information.

Just a preview..Generally speaking, keep in mind that many foreigners that move to Montenegro open a business/corporation, as a path to residency and work permits. If i am not mistaken, to lower tax rate of approx. 9-10%  applies to the profits of the business entity. If you work as an employee, the salary is subject to social taxes that are significantly higher than 9-10%. That is why it is best to contact a accounting service to get current / accurate information.

Hope your plans go well!

Eduardo

Expatriate health insurance in Montenegro

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Montenegro

Moving to Montenegro

Find tips from professionals about moving to Montenegro

Travel insurance in Montenegro

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Montenegro

Flights to Montenegro

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Montenegro