Moving to morroco

Good morning all, I am only thinking , note thinking of moving to Morroco.

I am 60 now !! so would appreciate some help & advice. 

1, where to live. I would like to rent a small flat 7 have people around me etc.

2 cost of living , food electric, transport insurance etc.
& 3 most important of all any health schemes etc.

Kindest regards Paul Doodson.

Welcome on Expat.com Paul Doodson ;)

I hope that members will contribute to your discussion soon. Else, for your lodging, you can insert a customized advert on Morocco classifieds page, Category>Accommodation. This might help as well ;)

Regards

Hi Paul,

We're three, in Marrakech, two adults and one child. Our budget is as follows:

3,200 Dh rent for a 3 bedroom flat (a villa would be around 7,000 Dh)

food: 800 Dh/week

count: 10,000 Dh for a fridge, cooker and washing machine

cook/cleaner/child minder: 2,600 per month

all told, we spend about 12 to 13 000 including taxis and whatnots.

Hopes this helps

Good morning Michael, Thanks for your E.Mail. I must tell  I will be on my own, so all I would need is a small flat (studio type) can you give some idea as  to cost in £ stirling??
Also what about health insurance, electric & social gathering. Which town to you suggest??   I do not speak the local lingo!!

Regards & thanks Paul.

Hello Paul, If you want to move to Morocco , You can live in Casablanca, cause the living here is more cheap, more than other moroccan cities, also you can find a "Studio" easily.
But If you want a typic Moroccan city You can go to Marrakesh or Fes.
If u need some info,I'd like to help :D hope tht I did

Hi Rzineb, Very many thanks for that info. I will bear that in mind. Will contact you as & when I require more info.
However I must add , that this is very much in the VERY early thought stages. First I have to sell my home here in France & as you may know the markets are not that healthy at the moment. It is not my intention to give my home away by reducing he price, just to get rid of it.

Kindest regards Paul.