Close

Need advice transferring ownership of property and selling company

Hello expats in Turkey,

My name is Robin. I opened a short term rental company in Istanbul in 2007. It is a registered Turkish company (LLC). I've stopped doing business in Turkey and need to close my business. At the time I bought, foreigners could not buy Turkish properties in historic areas, only companies. So I was advised to open a limited Turkish company which I did in order to buy a flat.

I have returned to the US to care for my aging parents and have been unable to sell my flat. I am still required to pay an accountant each month as well as "stoppage tax" because I still have a company.

I need a trustworthy English-speaking expert who can help me transfer ownership of my flat from my company to myself - and I need help closing my Turkish limited company.

Have any of you purchased or sold properties and/ or closed companies with the aid of a Turkish lawyer or accountant? My accountant speaks only Turkish so we can not communicate. The Turkish lawyer who helped me set up the company and purchase my property is demanding a very high fee to help me.

Can you recommend someone? I live in the States and hope to be able to handle this from here, but can come to Turkey if necessary.

Robin

Expatriate health insurance in Turkey

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Turkey

Moving to Turkey

Find tips from professionals about moving to Turkey

Travel insurance in Turkey

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Turkey

Flights to Turkey

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Turkey