Celebration time

where are the best place to be for TET? in Saigon

Saigon Bar - Caravelle Hotel, District 1, via the 9th floor bar opens at 11am drink until you fall over!!

Deepsix6 wrote:

Saigon Bar - Caravelle Hotel, District 1, via the 9th floor bar opens at 11am drink until you fall over!!

Is there a view from the bar towards the river to see the fireworks?  It looks like it faces inland to me.  Of course if you start drinking heavily at 11 am, you may not be up when the fireworks start anyway.   :huh:

when do the fireworks start

THIGV,

Actually you will have a great view of the Bitexco Financial Tower from the Saigon Bar roof terrace at the rear and from the helipad on the Bitexco Financial Tower they launch a great fireworks display...

MarkinNam wrote:

when do the fireworks start

As I recall it is midnight.  That's 13 hours after the bar opens.  Good luck.   How's your stamina?    :sleep  I don't think you need to get there at 11 AM but by about 9 PM the traffic in D1 is total gridlock as everyone tries to get closer to the river.  I would expect that reservations are required during most of Tet but particularly on the main night.

just thinking about it, the view back into Saigon from Cau phu' My is pretty good