Kitas

I got my 3 month working visa from the Philippines before coming here in Indonesia. It will expire on the 30th of November this year. Do I still need a working visa stamped in my passport? I already have my Kitas ID in my passport. Is it the working visa also?

Thanks in advance.

Odd as there's no such thing as a working visa.
The KITAS is the card issued by immigration and an IMTA is a work permit.
The KITAS is usually valid for the same period of time as the work permit and is invalid as soon as the permit runs out if the immigration status was allowed for work.

I am actually referring to my Limited Stay Visa. So no other stamp is needed in my passport? Just my valid KITAS card stapled in my passport?

Thanks

The KITAS can be stapled into your passport but there should be a stamp as well.

If you have already had a Kitas and it is ending, then you should go or have gone to immigration for prints and photos so the Kitas can be renewed. Otherwise your sponsor or employer should have requested a new telex for you so that the Kitas procedure can be restarted.
It sounds like it would be wise for you to discuss this with your sponsor and or employer and an agent.

Fred wrote:

The KITAS can be stapled into your passport but there should be a stamp as well.

Is it the "Itas online"? It's the stamp in my passport.

lukereg wrote:

If you have already had a Kitas and it is ending, then you should go or have gone to immigration for prints and photos so the Kitas can be renewed. Otherwise your sponsor or employer should have requested a new telex for you so that the Kitas procedure can be restarted.
It sounds like it would be wise for you to discuss this with your sponsor and or employer and an agent.

I already have my Kitas. It will expire next year. I was just wondering about the stamp in my passport aside from the Kitas ID the immigration people stapled. I guess it's the "itas online" stamp.

Your kitas is all that matters. The stamp in the passport really tells immigration you have the right to have a kitas. Immigration will want to see your original documents  more than a stamp in your passport so keep them all with you.

I just got my 2nd kitas renewed it was for one year and I described as a retired because I do live here .
and in order to renew my kitas requires the authorization confirmation actual paper from your sponsor of your kitas in order to renew it or get a new sponsor and depending on who you got originally they may ask you or demand certain amount of money to release their sponsorship...they want 3000
USD from a friend of mine. Can you spell CORRUPTION  which would mean that you would either have to pay them or let it expire and start again.
so I ended up paying a total of 700000 to extend my visa for a 2nd year and my sponsor came to my villa had me sign the papers.... took it too immigration and within two days I had an appointment at immigration for the photograph and fingerprints to renew it

.they are now issuing an 8 & a half by 11 piece of paper instead of a small card with the information

and they have converted to electronic scanning.

OMG we're out of the stone ages (except for the ridiculous size which could easily be put on the credit card size) and it  has a scanner code on it. the paper itself was in English which I won't sign anything anymore that's not and it SPRCIFICALLY says that this original document must be attached to your passport at all times.

my sponsor didn't know that ...he told me that I could just attach a copy of it and keep the original at home.
well that's not what the paper says the paper says keep the original with your passport so instead of the convenience of a little credit card-sized kit as  now you have an 8 & a half by 11 piece of paper that you have to  fold and attach to your passport.

they also rubber stamp in your passport for exit and entry and that's required .

so be very careful and make sure that they make it for 12 months because they can put any expiration on it they want 30 days 60 days whatever.
but I do live here so I'm not looking for a job .

I don't work for anybody and this may just apply to expat people who live here and don't do anything else but live here and pay money /bribes for stuff that you shouldn't have to.