Divorce by khol3

Hi everyone.  I'm Egyptian American.  I was married in Egypt.  I want a divorce but my husband refuses to give me one unless I go to egypt and sign some documentation.  I don't trust him.

Anyway,  I am going through the khol3 process but the judge insists I attend.  I live in the USA and can't afford to go to Egypt and have no time off work. Is there anyway around this? Can't I give the lawyer a power of attorney? My lawyer is trying but he said the judge insists I attend.

Please advise.

Thanking everyone who can help in advance.

New topic