Is it necessery to pay 300 SAR to the sponsor

I landed here in May in a free visa(I don't know whether it has a keyword to say or not, it is not a job visa and it can be transferable)and I got my Iqama in June.I have been working in a company which is still under the registration process in MOI means I did not transfer my Iqama to the company's sponsorship.

Now, My current sponsor is asking to give him 300 SAR for every month from Dec onwards.I have checked my iqama status, the current sponsor is under RED(Tiny Red) color.

So my question, Is it necessary to pay him 300SAR every month

Yes you have to pay him, coz he wont make any trouble for you. Most of the people who come like you are paying money to their sponsors every months. So first thing find a job and transfer to avoid paying such and sometimes people also face more troubles form sponsor like asking 4000 or 5000 for transfer or even asking some more money to renew iqamas.  These surprises are common and i have seen many people who suffered through this. Good luck and hope for you things would be better than others.

Well @suribhai has explained the situation.
My advice to you is to move out from him fast. Check with your employer when earliest possible they can take your sponsorship transfer. As your sponsor is in red, his permission isn't needed to change sponsorship. Or look for another job.

Thanks for the inputs guys..!!

Have a wonderful weekend  :up:

suribhai wrote:

Yes you have to pay him, coz he wont make any trouble for you. Most of the people who come like you are paying money to their sponsors every months. So first thing find a job and transfer to avoid paying such and sometimes people also face more troubles form sponsor like asking 4000 or 5000 for transfer or even asking some more money to renew iqamas.  These surprises are common and i have seen many people who suffered through this. Good luck and hope for you things would be better than others.

I would like to highlight something important here.
When sponsor has provided you visa, calling it "azad" visa wont make any difference, that means this sponsor is responsible of providing you with the residency ID and a job with contract against monthly salary. The practice of calling an individual on visa and ask him to seek job else where is violation, visa trading.
If such sponsor is forcing you to pay monthly then report it to your consulate and ask them to resolve.
Always deal through bank transfers, paying anything in cash wont prove you have paid.