Nurse- Can a recruitment agency blacklist me? No contract!?

Hello, i am aspiring to work in kuwait as a nurse. A recruitment agency told me that i should not back-out or what they really meant was i should not withdraw my application because they will sue me and i will be blacklisted in MOH. I told them how can you do that when i didn't even sign any job offer/contract from you? Nor have they provided financial assistance on my application for them to have a hold on me. Can they really do this to me? They have no legal hold on me and i think i still have the right to choose a better offer from other legal recruitment agency if i see that it would provide a better opportunity for me. So help me and enlighten me on this guys. Can they do that?

They cannot do that to you.

Thank you for the response kiss84. I feel better now.

If you haven't settled on a job offer with them yet and you haven't signed anything then decline. Never ever trust anything that's doing blackmail strategy, they do not have a hold on you, the agencies and establishments doing that are greedy and abusive of employee's rights. Do not cave in. Go sprinkle your CV around and choose the best joboffer in Ktown.

Hi call me xxx I like you

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Air_bay80s wrote:

If you haven't settled on a job offer with them yet and you haven't signed anything then decline. Never ever trust anything that's doing blackmail strategy, they do not have a hold on you, the agencies and establishments doing that are greedy and abusive of employee's rights. Do not cave in. Go sprinkle your CV around and choose the best joboffer in Ktown.

Thank you so much for this air_bay80s