Living in Algeria

I visited egypt , tunis , maroc, kenya , tanzania, mozambique, torquy, south afriqua, ......but when i miss algeria, i have to go back, algeria is my life.

Are you Spain?
life in Algeria is like the life pretty quite and the goverment try to make it better
pople here are kind with foreing visitors
and we have a wonderful country
I will answer more question taht you will have

would so much like to know whether you are a male or a female.  You make things sound wonderfull.  Would like to keep contact but hesitate posting my e-mail on this forum.

i am a male. why did  you  ask?

Ok tell me I'm a banggali I live in south africa I wud live to vist in algeria fore few day to meet with my girl frind , so how is algeria n ppl of algeria n the crime to much I hear

Live is perhaps different for women in algeria since it is mainly a community of muslims.  Mind me, I have absolutely nothing against muslems but in order not to offend local habits and avoid problems I might just have to need to adjust too much to be happy.

yeah you are right!

I am right on what? Can you tell me if live is difficult for eastern women in Algers or is it difficult to estimate a thing like this?

thank you Samira for your information. It is very helpful.

any Asian people staying in ? This country sounds interesting. ..

i heard Chinese are more in algeria

hi all,

nirzhor: Algeria is a big country would you like to give us the city exactly where she lives? don't worry it's safe and algerians are welcoming people even if the gov doesn't care about tourism

karinanew: the Algerians are welcoming people don't worry a lot they don't care about from where are you??? now the women have more freedom to wear what they like and go where they like just u have to choose the best distination.
NB: one thing people don't understand english so it's so much better to be with algerian especialy in streets

I would be moving to Algiers next month.I am from India.
I would like to know from your experience whether its good to relocate algier? is it safe? is it a clean city? how about metropolitan area? any skyscrapers? any entertainment in algiers? Theatres etc how about the climate?what is an average payscale for expats in restaurants(managers/asst manager)? My contract says only about accommodation. how about food charges?how much do i need to spend per day in general?
do let me know if i should change my plans and skip Algeria. you can email me on:  shaazir[at]hotmail.com
If there is an Indian or for that matter familiar with visa procedure ,I would like to know the duration taken by the Algerian officials in Algeria for work permit. I have been waiting for work permit nearly since 4 months. I was told it would be ready by next month.I received the contract letter. Is it true that expats have to send in their original documents(attested at algerian embassy) through courier to the employer in algeria for issuance of work permit?I was told that the algerian officials require originals to check and then issue the letter which would be sent by the employer directly to us ; we need to take it to embassy in India and apply for a visa. If there is any Indian do share about your visa process,procedure and duration taken by the employer to get you in Algeria.

Hi,

anybody familiar with CEPSA? I have job opportunity for Rhoude el khourf...anybody knows anything about Rhoude el khourf?

Hi Ali,

I am a Indian and planning to shift to Algiers, Could you tell me the expenses of travel and food? Let me know you email id. It would be very much apprieciated if you could provide me some guidence

Thanks

I think you dont know well Algeria

[moderated: off topic.]

Dear All

I need an urgent reply for the following questions as I am deciding moving to Algeria very soon ( Sep-Oct 2013).

1- I have 3 kids in German schools in Cairo (aged 16/15/10), I understand that there are no German schools in Alger, my questions is are there any International English schools in Algeria with such an international standards? as the elder is 2 years away from university.

2- I need a recommendation on the BEST place to live in in Algeria (cost is not an issue here), I understand that the autoroute and traffic is a nightmare (is it??), I will be working in Rouiba, but I was thinking to have a house/apartment that have a sea view and or close to cafes/restaurants area (Hydra, etc..) considering my work place and my preferences what do you recommend??

Hi there...
   I actually live in Hydra,which is supposed to be the best place to live here...it does have lots of coffee shops and a lively night life...or El Biar is also a good area but the traffic is terrible there...to be near the sea you would have to be in another area such as near the place you are working Rouiba or Golf is quite near Hydra and kind of on the coast...
Hopeland Internatinal school in Draria,which is run by an American lady...it has a very good reputation...it teaches many foreign children,they do have German taught there too....

many thanks for your input

Maria,  Jalous???

algeria is very dificult place ,the only law is call money,only friend is call mum and dad,the only food is cuscus ,...dont go theare

============================================================

Europe economy is suffering rather on the vague of collapse. Europeans are immigrating. As per Aljazira documentary ( inside story ) there is a massive migration id Europeans  towards Africa , Asia.
Would now we  in Africa and Asia  will get more salary than Europeans?

Or, we once again will become their colonies?

BE WARE INNOCENT YOU PEOPLE,,

Algeria is the best country in all Africa...
We have all seasons in same time..
Algeria with 1200 kilometers of sea front is the most beautiful touristic destination.
our politics never done something for the tourism..
We never done advertising....
At this moment with the building development we have a lot of opportunities for employment and investment...
We have programed 5 mega modern new cities ,which will be built before 2025.
It is very easy to find jobs for qualified persons,and very easy to find the accomodations.
Welcom to Algeria.

Karina, for an independent woman in Algeria it's quiet easy... It becomes more difficult when you need to rely on the father or husband... Especially in cities like Algiers and Oran you won't find it that hard, believe me :)

The problem is that your embassy staff is not co operative when people apply for Visa.
I would always mention this that two of my close friends went to Morocco just because Algerian embassy in Riyadh / Saudi Arabia were half-heartily processing their Visa documents.

Advise your government to solve this issue please.

I,m also planing to visit Algeria to see the land of Khalid bin Walid and Tarek bin Ziyadh....

I have checked on internet,,,,,,,,,,what a beautiful country Algeria is  !!   Masha Allah

hi all, i might accept a job and come to Algeria...could anyone update with rental prices (i prefer places close to main city area with restaurants,cafes and any kind of entertainment if available in the country)...yeah will prefer a western life style, so any monthly cost for eating out at breakfast,lunch and dinner...

You can go to cities like: cheraga...hydra...golf...Bitkhadem....kouba.... Cost for you alone ...so small apartment can be 300$
Where is  your work place situated?

hi
before u come to algeria ,it's better for u to know someone to give u all the information u need.
if u are coming for for a job ,or a trip ,or something else ,u should know laws in adbvance in order to not loose your time running after things u need.
all the best
karim

i want to move in Annaba so what is the rent of flat for 4 family members.. is there any company where i can do a job as an electrical engineer and what is the salary of an engineer ...i will be thankful for your concern

i am Attique Rehman from Pakistan ,i am a Muslim and i want to marry with an Algerian girl.. is there any problem to marry with algerian girl... what are the job conditions there... i am an electrical engineer.. can i find a job easily there and what is the salary of electrical engineer there..tell me the per month rent of flat for the family of 4 people.
thanks

hi
ok u have to go theses websits:

jobrapido.com

emploinet.net

emploitic.com

have a good chance
karim

thanks

I would like to meet expats either from USA or from Asia. Because I don't speak French , neither Arabic, I can only communicate with English speaking people and would like start meeting friends who can share time and experience both in culture and business here in Algiers.

Hello, dark angel, would it be possible that we get connected. I am an Asian and new to Algeria living in hydra.  I would appreciate it if there is a chance to meet.

There are also algerians who speak english loll

[Moderated: Inappopriate]

Hi all, apart of job and accommodation, I'm curious how is to have a pet-dog in Algeria..Is it common, any problems with low and etc?

Hi,

It's normal here, many people have pets (like any other country) but you have to take it to doctor of course for vaccination and health control ... cause there was stories of children dying after being bitten by ill dogs.

Hi Linhui....
Can I ask are you male or female? If you are female there are monthly get togethers for ex-pats from all over the world...I also live in Hydra!!! Anyway let me know...Susan...

please is it safe to live and trade Forex market in Algeria?