In a need of a bicycle

I am planning two week stay in Mauritius late in December, and to make a bike tour around the island. I will try to buy a bicycle in Port Louis, and need an advice where to go and what to look for. I would like to buy a simply, one/three speed,  cheap, everyday bike, only for this short period of two weeks. Can you give me any recommendation?

Hi,

Best address is Bike World, located at the entrance of Port Louis, place known as Belle Village.

Thanks
Regards
Daren

Hi,

I recommend you not to make bike trips in Mauritius as its not prepared for it and it´s specially dangerous.

I brought my bicycle from Norway when I moved here 2 years ago, In Norway it was my usual transport but I rarelly use it here.

Best wishes for you trip.

Lara.

Thank you for the suggestion. But I can not see any suitable bike in their selection.

http://bikeworldstore.com/?page_id=345

lfr wrote:

I brought my bicycle from Norway when I moved here 2 years ago, In Norway it was my usual transport but I rarelly use it here.
Lara.

Hi Lara,
So maybe you can lend the bike to me? Or hire it?  :)
Best,
Piotr

The best place for a cheap but useable bike for your two weeks is Courts , a large store that sells mainly homeware, furnishings, electrical goods etc. They have branches all over the island and you will find a useable bike for around £100 GBP.
Also I disagree that mauritius is not a good place for cycling . I keep a bike here at my in laws house for my visits to Mauritius, ,I love cycling here, you see so much more when you're out on your bike

you can borrow my bike and return it back. cheers.

I have tried to find Courts bike catalogue on the net, no success. It is open question if they have bikes suitable for touring.

Yogwar wrote:

you can borrow my bike and return it back. cheers.

I have sent you a message  :)

Yes, no problem.
When are you coming?

lfr wrote:

Yes, no problem.
When are you coming?

I have sent you a message  :)

My bike is a kona, I will try to make a picture, but I´m leaving for hollyday the 20th of dicember and I live on the East coast. When are you arriving and leaving?

I am arriving in M. 22nd December, and I have already decided to bring my own bicycle with me Thank you so much for your good will! And have a nice holiday.  :)

hey

my friend is coming id January and is in need of a bicycle

does your offer of a loan for your bicycle still stand?

regards

avi

by the way, i have moved from the UK 8 weeks ago, and brought my carbon road bike here, and have just done over a 1000 km

i cycle quite early and know to approach junctions etc carefully, and believe everyone can kill you!

mauritius will never be like europe, but cycling is still enjoyable