New in Riyadh

Hi everyone,

I am new in Riyadh. Used to work in UK for three years and expected to come for the new job in middle Feb. I am a big fan of Jazz and started learning drumming. Also interested rock climbing. Just wondered if there are any related groups in the forum that I can join.

Cheers

Sean

Hey Sean, How are you, Welcome to riyadh!!! good luck of finding a new job here... I like the sound of a drum but having a hard time playing it... rock climbing is a very challenging sport, I can barely climb a tree... hehehe, just joking...

Welcome to the forum. Both of you :D

seandrummer wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new in Riyadh. Used to work in UK for three years and expected to come for the new job in middle Feb. I am a big fan of Jazz and started learning drumming. Also interested rock climbing. Just wondered if there are any related groups in the forum that I can join.

Cheers

Sean

Hello! Welcome to Saudi Arabia.:cheers:

Welcome to Riyadh!

Ronmartz wrote:

rock climbing is a very challenging sport, I can barely climb a tree... hehehe, just joking...

i cant climb a tree... and im not joking lol
trees = splinters
splinters = i dont want them in my hands haha

on the other hand drumming is very cool :) i play the piano and when i tried to play the drums i thought id come as second nature to me, but turns out i have the worst coordination... i found it a very hard instrument so i admire those who play it :)

Drumming is fun, and heck of a way to kill frustration.. :P had a drum pad for about 5 years. it was good, but then broke down especially after some of my exam results came out.. :P

Jazz and rock climbing, well I would say that Saudi Arabia is not the place for either of them. Rock climbing, well I know the places where you can do it, But dont know of clubs. Jazz, you will have to get over here, find some people who would be willing t try some jamming and then find a quiet place to practice some. thats about it that you can do.

@simona: Climbing rocks= rubbing skin against sandpaper. splinters or sandpaper?

i choose procrastination! saudi arabia couldnt've afforded me a bigger favour then the opportunity to stay home and do nothing lol

@simona: thought you were adventurous.. :P

LOL at heart...
but i naturally have quite a calm temperament and outlook on life. in all seriousness though, my experience in saudi arabia has really matured me and made me look at who i really am and what i really like. before coming here it was always my dream to travel especially to exotic places but i must say that im not all that keen in exploration, but rather travelling but being comfortable at the same time... its probably more the case for a women but when i go somewhere i need a shower, a proper bed and food.

so i am adventurous, but a 'comfortable adventurer' :) in saying that, i reallyyyyy want to go to tibet and africa :)

@simona: before one of the moderators kick us both out(sometimes this feels like school again!) for being off topic, lets leave it at that shall we?

omg seriously? lol...
yeah lets leave it at that then.
i thought this was a forum not a strict topic moderating site that we should fear.

anyone knows about part time job here? maybe english and math tutorials? or maybe online work at home job... it's boring without doing anything afterwork...

I feel welcomed already. It seems I need to figure out how to carry on my hobbies when I arrive. But one thing for sure is that I'll ship my electronic drum kit to Saudi. Practising is probably the only entertainment after work.
Hope can see all of you guys soon!

Generally the strata here is not solid enough for rock climbing. It's a fairly new rock and it does not rain often enough to wash the loose stuff off the surface.

Memories of Llanberis pass, Cenotaph corner. :top:

Welcome to the blog (and Saudi)

Well come down. give a holler, and sure why not There are a lot of guys who would come! :D

I checked a website rockclimbing.com.
There are a couple of places for climbing. Could investigate a little bit.

Ronmartz wrote:

anyone knows about part time job here? maybe english and math tutorials? or maybe online work at home job... it's boring without doing anything afterwork...

if you come across anything, holla at me as well  ;)  i m bored at home afteer work too!