Close

Global Business Group

Hi Everyone - I am seeking feedback on the idea of starting a global business networking group. The get together would be for those interested in a career in international business as well as for those of us with extensive global business experience. We would share experiences and explore synergy. These types of groups are popular in the US because they bring together career minded people on a casual basis.

Feel free to respond or to respond or to send your comments and suggestions via private message.

Ward regards!

Sounds like good idea.

I am in

Hi Biz man ,

Feel free to post all your get together in the Events in Vietnam section.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Thank you Priscilla but at this point we are only exploring interest. It's always nice to see active Expat monitors...

Moderated by kenjee 2 months ago
Reason : Promotion of services and sharing of contact infos not allowed on forum.

Hi Everyone - Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I am glad to see that the idea is interesting to so many. Please continue to share your ideas.

Hi my name is Tony and i would be interested in meeting
let me know how it develops

Dear friend,

It is good idear to work out together

Let do it

Besh wish,
Anna

Nice thing to hear of,

Well, to do biz in Vietnam is mostly different from the other parts in the world. On the other hand, people still make a lot  (I have to emphasize - a lot) of money here. The reason why is the more you get adaptive with the culture, mindset, market, regime, the better you can turn your penny into a buck.

One of Aussie man I know who is in real estate sector shared his view that Vietnam and Indian are the toughest markets amongst his 30 year career.

But shouldn't you give up cos a lot of potential you can foresee here Vietnam to smell her, breathe her and decide to stick with. Big fish is underneath the sea, not by the seaside, right?

Any comments or more ideas over a biz group to have coffee with, talk, listen and share together are warmly welcome. We are not a syndicate for expertise views but at least, we all can pick up and bring for our own from other's cases.

And do not forget to count me in,

They can create biz groups in America, why not us?

Cheers!!!

I am in :). It is a good chance to broaden everyone's network too.

It's probably a good time to share some views on business opportunities in Vietnam.

There's some very significant events about to unfold soon and in the future that is currently worrying a lot of investors.

1. You've got Donald Trump being sworn in next week as US President.
His views on the TPP (Trans pacific partnership) could have a negative impact for the economy here.

2. The rise of the machines, Robotics with the coming of the Fourth industrial revolution will take a lot of the manufacturing away from Vietnam.  This will happen a lot faster than people think.  Vietnam is mainly used by the multi nationals for low cost, unskilled & highly repetitious assembly work .  Analyst have already predicted that Vietnam will be one of the worst countries affected by Robotics in the region.

3. There's a property bubble looming, financed by banks that are already overweight with NPL toxic debt from the 2010 slump.  The credit rating is shite ,BBB- and that's not helping.   

4. About 250 nautical miles east of where I'm sitting China has built military installations in the South China Sea that is currently a "hot spot" and there are already threats of war between China and the US.   How Donald Trump handles that is scary.😬  If things do escalate that will have a devastating impact on exports and overall stability in the region.

There's a few factors to consider before bringing your investment capital into Vietnam if your a stand alone operator.

You've got to remember that the "smart money " operators here don't use their OWN money.   They use shareholders money,  Government money , banks money and private equity schmuck money.   

You'll find the multi nationals, infrastructure contractors, developers etc all use the above as sources of funding capital.   If the venture fails....they just walk away.  Those guys in the suits won't have their own money at risk.

The next 12 months at least is going to be interesting.   

They say in times like this, keep your powder dry & in safe haven locations..

Seem like no one define "business" yet.

Can somebody tell me:

What does "business" mean for you?
What's "business"?

Yogi007 :

It's probably a good time to share some views on business opportunities in Vietnam.

There's some very significant events about to unfold soon and in the future that is currently worrying a lot of investors.

1. You've got Donald Trump being sworn in next week as US President.
His views on the TPP (Trans pacific partnership) could have a negative impact for the economy here.

2. The rise of the machines, Robotics with the coming of the Fourth industrial revolution will take a lot of the manufacturing away from Vietnam.  This will happen a lot faster than people think.  Vietnam is mainly used by the multi nationals for low cost, unskilled & highly repetitious assembly work .  Analyst have already predicted that Vietnam will be one of the worst countries affected by Robotics in the region.

3. There's a property bubble looming, financed by banks that are already overweight with NPL toxic debt from the 2010 slump.  The credit rating is shite ,BBB- and that's not helping.   

4. About 250 nautical miles east of where I'm sitting China has built military installations in the South China Sea that is currently a "hot spot" and there are already threats of war between China and the US.   How Donald Trump handles that is scary.😬  If things do escalate that will have a devastating impact on exports and overall stability in the region.

There's a few factors to consider before bringing your investment capital into Vietnam if your a stand alone operator.

You've got to remember that the "smart money " operators here don't use their OWN money.   They use shareholders money,  Government money , banks money and private equity schmuck money.   

You'll find the multi nationals, infrastructure contractors, developers etc all use the above as sources of funding capital.   If the venture fails....they just walk away.  Those guys in the suits won't have their own money at risk.

The next 12 months at least is going to be interesting.   

They say in times like this, keep your powder dry & in safe haven locations..

Definitely shouldn't under estimate how bad a skirmish between China and Vietnam would be for the Vietnamese economy, however small or short. Vietnamese are very nationalistic, often the dumb kind of nationalism to the detriment of their own economy. Like when China moved that oil rig and the flag wavers who are usually not allowed to protest in public started burning down factories. Too dumb to distinguish between Singaporean, Taiwanese, Japanese and Chinese ones. I suspect that for many, it was more a rare opportunity to protest and vent many unrelated things.... like shit working conditions, labour rights and the fact that many think the VCP secretly sold the islands to the CCP in Chengdu for massive bribes.

Last time there was a border conflict, the Sino-Vietnamese  (Hoa) fled en masse. They were a large portion of the middle class (meaning they could afford to flee) and like in most south east asian countries, disproportionately overrepresented in business.

Hi , I'm very interested in this. I'm a dual citizen of Australia and Sri Lanka and planning to move to VN if the opportunity arrives.
My email in ***
Cheers

Moderated by Priscilla 2 days ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Already doing that. India/Vietnam/Middle East.

Would love to share new ideas and some networking will help indeed.

Expatriate health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Travel insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ho Chi Minh City

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh City