Close

Difference between Miami and Shanghai

Hello, dear members

This is Yanlin , I come from China, Shanghai. Nice to meet you here .
It is the second time I came to USA , with my fiancé. He is a Brazilian/American.  We are living in Miami right now .
Miami is a very beautiful city ,  the people here are very kind . Only the thing that I'm not so comfortable with myself  is I can't speak spanish, so I couldn't  communicate with them as I want.  And I know that will be the first thing in my list  to learn speaking spanish after I moving here. 
You know  the city is  completely different like I was in Shanghai,  here don't have too much people walk on the street , only the cars. So,  to go to the malls, or go to the supermarket all need to wait for my fiancé to drive me (because I don't have  drive license here )... in some way, I feel little powerless and boring,  in Shanghai, is big different,  I don't need car at all .  I go to supermarket or food market all by walking, only take 5-10minutes.  And even you want to go to downtown to meet friends , we have the public transpertation  like buses or metros take you to anywhere as you want to go , or you could call Uber/ Didi(kind of Uber) to drive you to  the distinction , very easy.
And in the other way,  in Miami , I can see the blue sky and white cloud all the time, the air is so fresh , on the contrary , in shanghai , too much high buildings block your eyes , so the sky is not so blue like here . Anyway,  I think I will love Miami very soon . I am glad to have this forum to punish my feelings and share with you . Thanks !

Expatriate health insurance in Miami

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Miami

Moving to Miami

Find tips from professionals about moving to Miami

Travel insurance in Miami

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Miami

Flights to Miami

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Miami