Certificat de coutume

Hello everyone,

For those who had a similar situation, I am trying to get a certificate called (  Certificat de coutume ) from the Egyptian consulate in Paris. They refused to give such a document pretending that they don't issue it.
Is there anyone here had the same situation and could you guys tell me what can I do to get something similar to it ?

Thanks

I'm myself very interested in the answer. My girlfriend and I will need one next year from the US government and I'm not sure where to ask for one.

Mohammedms wrote:

Hello everyone,

For those who had a similar situation, I am trying to get a certificate called (  Certificat de coutume ) from the Egyptian consulate in Paris. They refused to give such a document pretending that they don't issue it.
Is there anyone here had the same situation and could you guys tell me what can I do to get something similar to it ?

Thanks

You might try asking for a Certificate of non impediment (CNI) or a Single Status Certificate/Affidavit :)

English2Francais wrote:

I'm myself very interested in the answer. My girlfriend and I will need one next year from the US government and I'm not sure where to ask for one.

For US citizens, there is no national marriage registry.  Typically US citizens must sign a sworn-affidavit in front of a consular officer and pay a fee.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

romaniac wrote:
English2Francais wrote:

For US citizens, there is no national marriage registry.  Typically US citizens must sign a sworn-affidavit in front of a consular officer and pay a fee.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks. I'm asking because my girlfriend and I plan to get married in France next year and they ask for that Certificate de Coutume for US citizens to be filed over there. We reside in the US and we're going on vacation and will marry there next year.

English2Francais wrote:
romaniac wrote:
English2Francais wrote:

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks. I'm asking because my girlfriend and I plan to get married in France next year and they ask for that Certificate de Coutume for US citizens to be filed over there. We reside in the US and we're going on vacation and will marry there next year.

I think you'll find this link to the US Embassy website useful :)

romaniac wrote:

I think you'll find this link to the US Embassy website useful :)

Thanks! That's exactly the kind of information we were looking for.  :cheers: