Moving to Glasgow

Hi, can anyone pls help me?. I'm planning on moving back to Scotland and because my daughter is applying to Glasgow Met we are going to move there.

Would u pls b able to advise on the best area to live that is close to the city centre and Met that has good bus/rail route. My budget is no problem and would really like an area with bungalows as I am disabled.

I would appreciate any advise.

Best wishes Ann :)

Hi Ann,

Off the top of my head the areas in Glasgow that I know of with bungalows would include:

Crookston
Summerston
Newton Mearns
Bearsden
Mount Vernon
Hogganfield
Millerston and
Newlands

I've struggled to come up with any districts that are really close to the 5 campuses at the Met, as most good districts with bungalows are away from the city centre. Bearsden to the north west and Newton Mearns to the south are more probably the most sought after and expensive areas for bungalows but perhaps too far out.

Newlands may be the area to consider? It's about 2/3 miles south of the city centre, but has good bus and rail links with the city centre and the campuses. It has some very nice 1920 cottage style bungalows and two train stations: langside and pollokshaws which i think are on a regular circle line to the city centre.

I don't know if this'll be of much help, hopefully others will know of more areas. I think the key may be to ensure that wherever you choose has excellent, nearby rail and road links to the city centre.

Good luck with your move,

David

Thank you very much David you have been very helpful. I'm going to be making a trip to glasgow at the end of Feb so its nice to know what the options are. :)