I'd like to know if... the student & visa working visa MALTA

Hi there,

Hope everyone is ok. I'd like to ask and get information from a  person who really knows about this topic. I am from a  third National country and I'm studying but I've been looking for a job since I came here so Do you think it will be a problem if the company who wants me now is trying to egt my work permit while I have the student visa? I think first they get like a temporarily permit. I will be grateful If anyone can help me.
Thanks in advance for your information.

What country are you from?  many of us are TCN's here, so I'm sure someone will have answers for you but that is a big piece of info missing.  ( EU or non EU country )

AFAIK, TCN is non-EU by definition

Thanks for your prompt reply everyone. I'm from Mexico. studying at the moment but want to live and work here, Should there be a problem if while I study they are transmitting my Work permit? Also: someone knows about "consultancy permit"?

Hi,

Just a quick reply for the moment as I'm in Germany for a week.

If you are already in Malta on a student visa you have received a residence permit for up to 1 year or for the length of your studies.

During the first year you are not allowed to work and after that for a maximum of 10 hours a week. The visa stays the same ie allowing you to study at the university or a authorised private college .

Never heard of a consultancy permit.

After your student visa expires you can apply for a regular work permit with all the conditions and regulations that apply to Third-country nationals.

Regards
Ricky

Thank you very much Ricky. I really appreciate your help. So I have to ask now on what Consultancy permit consists. I'll be posting soon.