Morocco to UK spouse visa process

Watch the videos they ll help you

Lailakhan wrote:

Asalam alikum
Please can you tell us how much exactly the IHS fee i'll be so thankful for your reply

£600 for Spouse Visa

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati … w-much-pay

Hi can you tell me if yours was an Islamic or civil marriage. I'm an English woman and my Moroccan partner was refused his partnership visa to the uk (even though we had tons of relationship evidence, we have been communicating since 2014 he's been here to stay for 5 months met all my family and friends) but was still refused. I went to the appeal tribunal with witnesses and still refused on the grounds of non cohabiting for full 2 years which I protested etc etc the judge said we would be better getting married, I'm in despair of stupidity in this country. I know the rules are there to keep undesirables out but my partner is well educated with a degree in I.T Engineering.
Any advice please?

You need to get married and send all documents between you (pictures,  flight, conversation, gifts,) anything you can see its for the best to know that you're together.

Nodandsmile4bb wrote:
Aminenafis wrote:

Hi, I'm from morroco and my Girlfriend want to came and marry me, but she's afraid that it's take so long, she earn 24000£peer years, and she rent a house too, so guys can you help me please, this stuff, please?

Hey, me and my husband got married within two weeks, we actually did it in 8 working days total due to weekends and a national holiday on the first Monday I was there. You just need to be super organised, know what documents u need from which authority and in what order to conduct the process. Make sure ur fiancée has ALL the correct documents before leaving the UK, I scanned mine and emailed them to the translator the week before leaving the UK so they could be done and ready to collect when I arrived with the originals, (the translator will only sign the translated copies off once they have seen the original documents). We did everything we had to do in Rabat in a day, it was a full day and it was non-stop but it's possible if you are organised. Everywhere is within walking distance after you have got what you need from the British Embassy. The longest we had to wait was at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for some documents stamping and that was less than an hour. I think this time of year is much quieter than the spring/summer months. Once you have got everything from Rabat and go to your local district to do the marriage we found that it's all about who you know and how much you are willing to pay to get things done quickly 🙈 I think we paid nearly the whole town to get what we wanted done quickly 🤣🤦‍♀️  My advice, get a good Ladoul who you trust and one who is well connected to the right people and push him to work to the time you have. Good luck!

Hi can you tell me if yours was an Islamic or civil marriage. I'm an English woman and my Moroccan partner was refused his partnership visa to the uk (even though we had tons of relationship evidence, we have been communicating since 2014 he's been here to stay for 5 months met all my family and friends) but was still refused. I went to the appeal tribunal with witnesses and still refused on the grounds of non cohabiting for full 2 years which I protested etc etc the judge said we would be better getting married, I'm in despair of stupidity in this country. I know the rules are there to keep undesirables out but my partner is well educated with a degree in I.T Engineering.
Any advice please?

Aminenafis wrote:

You need to get married and send all documents between you (pictures,  flight, conversation, gifts,) anything you can see its for the best to know that you're together.

Yes but I need to know what type of marriage in Rabat..you can't marry in the uk with a temporary/visitor visa. Is there a civil ceremony in Rabat that will be recognised in the uk?
I have a file so heavy with documents and proof I've had to split into two files..there is nothing they haven't seen or asked.

You'll do a normal marriage in Rabat like normal people they'll not ask for your Islamic paper, so all what you call the marocain consulat or ambass so they'll tell you the all papers that you need, it's take maximum 10 days to marrie, it's dependent of the city that you'll be marring in, so I shared a link 🔗 look at it you'll understand the document that you need for the application.

I my brother wants to marry a morrocan lady and need advise how to do it. Would it be possible to contact you via mobile number?
Jazakalllah
My number is ***
Shiraz

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes of course any time

Hi my husband and I want to be together in the uk. You said it is a good idea to move to Ceuta first for 3 months then move to the UK. My husband is from Tunisia would this still be easier than trying to come directly from Tunisia and how would we go about doing that...

Many thanks

Moon mystery wrote:

Hi my husband and I want to be together in the uk. You said it is a good idea to move to Ceuta first for 3 months then move to the UK. My husband is from Tunisia would this still be easier than trying to come directly from Tunisia and how would we go about doing that...

Many thanks

If you earn over £18,600 then I would go through the uk spouse visa process. It takes 5 years to complete but then you can apply for uk citizenship. In my opinion this is the safest way to do things and you are less likely to have problems if you do things properly. As long as you can prove your marriage is genuine, you earn enough and have a place to live then there is not much other reasons to reject a spouse visa. If it does get rejected then get a solicitor to challenge it. Also when uk leaves eu we don't know what the deal will be, maybe the other routes like this will be stopped

thank you .. but i am on P.I.P ,E.S.A and severe disability allowance .. i think i am exempt from financial  requirement .. in addition i have my own house in england .. so is that enough to apply

Moon mystery wrote:

Many thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

You are describing the Surinder Singh method; the only problem for you is that you "both" have to live and work in another EU country for 3 months before you can apply.  If you think you can achieve that, then it's certainly worth considering; this BBC News article explains it quite well.

Hope this helps,

Cynic
Expat Team

Moon mystery wrote:

thank you .. but i am on P.I.P ,E.S.A and severe disability allowance .. i think i am exempt from financial  requirement .. in addition i have my own house in england .. so is that enough to apply

Yes I think you will be fine to apply.  Your husband will need to pass an English test (it's basic speaking and listening )

The web site is https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

I filled out my wife's original application in the uk and she printed it off in Morocco and took it too uk embassy in Morocco. You would have to do something similar for Tunisia.

After 2 and a half years you have to apply again. 2 and a half years after that you have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. Maybe you will be exempt from the fees too. I just had to pat £2297 for indefinite leave to remain and the visa and renewal cost similar .

Moon mystery wrote:

A case worker would have to decide if you have enough money coming in/savings to support yourselves . Not having housing cost would help on this

You need to invite him as a holiday visa, he need some papers, check the UK gov there's everything.
Hope I can help you in this.

sorry for asking too much .. but one more question ..  if i am exempt from meeting financial requirements because my wife is on disability doese that mean i would be exempt from the fees of the visa too ?

Well that up to you and him, honestly I'm trying to do everything myself you can help of course, you'll already pay for the rent come and back to Tunisie, it's dépends how your fiance and stuff, but try to collect more evidence and the payslip and the P16 need to be over 18600£ a year or if you have your own goods, so you can take care of him until he get a job.

Moon mystery wrote:

sorry for asking too much .. but one more question ..  if i am exempt from meeting financial requirements because my wife is on disability doese that mean i would be exempt from the fees of the visa too ?

No worries. No there isn't any exemption from the fees. I just checked the application form.

Moon mystery wrote:

:(  Thanx but i thought you said that

Moon mystery wrote:

:(  Thanx but i thought you said that

The only exemption stated is from the financial requirements (earnings and savings)

Hey there isnt a thing called spousal visa i. the UK or maybe I cannot find it. Do you know exactly what it is I need to start application on? or maybe a link and some basic instructions would be great

Thank you

kkkhhh wrote:

Hey there isnt a thing called spousal visa i. the UK or maybe I cannot find it. Do you know exactly what it is I need to start application on? or maybe a link and some basic instructions would be great

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

These visas are better known as UK Family Visa's; they are described on the UK Gov website, you can get there by following this link.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

thanks for the quick response! I know this must be a really stupid question but do I need to fill out the details for the mrs in morocco as it is her filling out the application? The only section that bothers me is providing evidence of relationship. I mean I have whatsapp conversations a few pics together but that is yet. We have not had the wedding party yet and wish to apply before that. What would be deemed acceptable evidence?

kkkhhh wrote:

thanks for the quick response! I know this must be a really stupid question but do I need to fill out the details for the mrs in morocco as it is her filling out the application? The only section that bothers me is providing evidence of relationship. I mean I have whatsapp conversations a few pics together but that is yet. We have not had the wedding party yet and wish to apply before that. What would be deemed acceptable evidence?

Probably best to do this bit by bit; you need to prove either one of the following:

1.  you've been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply, or
2.  you are a fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving

So what do you need to prove it?  A hard question as there is no specific list; but from experience of other people, we learn that :

"What the UK officials are looking for is proof that the relationship is genuine and of reasonably long-standing and so photographs, boarding passes from trips to see each other, letters and greeting cards from one to the other all go towards proving that the marriage is genuine. However, photos and letters alone have limited evidential value. The couple should be able to show at least some shared financial responsibilities. This could be a title deed or mortgage statement in both names if the couple owns property together, or a tenancy agreement with both parties on the contract; a joint bank account or savings account, or utility bills in both names. It is important to prove that the partners in the marriage have taken steps to visit one another in their home countries and that they have met each other's families where that is possible. It is also essential that the parties are able to show that they have made plans to live together in the UK once the settlement visa is issued. Paper trails in some of these examples are difficult to obtain but every effort should be made as in most cases proof will be sought by UKVI officials and failure to produce satisfactory evidence may result in the refusal of the UK marriage visa application."

You don't need to disclose to me which of those you think is suitable, you just need to work out how you're going to prove it to the Home Office.  If you can't prove it, then this is going to fail at the first hurdle.  One other comment at this stage, you mention a wedding party; for the marriage to be recognised by the UK Government, it must be a wedding in the official sense, not a religious ceremony that has no basis in common law.  You will need to provide apostilled documents, signed off by the government department of the country where the ceremony took place to prove this.  If this is an arranged marriage, then you need to prove that both parties have agreed to it and that nobody has been coerced at any point.

As I said, you don't need to tell me on here how you've done this, just be happy that you can, then move on to the next part.

Once you've done this, if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I have a kind of unrelated question. I gave my original birth certificate to the court in beni mellal for the whole marriage process. They said if i bring them a copy which is certified by UK etc. They will give my original one back. Now i sent my copy to my Mrs but they are not giving it to her. Keep telling her to come back the following day. We asked a lawyer to ask and they lied to him and just said that they have given it already. What can I Do? I am in London and have to rely on the Mrs to go and ask and it seems they just send her away. Can I raise this with the British or moroccan embassy in London? I feel like I'm running out of options.

Hi and welcome back.

Sounds like you need to get a copy of your Birth certificate.  Assuming you were born in the UK, the process is described on the Gov.uk website; this link will take you there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Great article. Well done!

Hi,

I would like to know when it comes to proving your financial situation, do you need to provide everything listed on the .gov website (i.e. payslips, bank statements and employer letter) or will just one of these do?

Also do they require you to have worked in your current position for a certain length of time?

Kind regards

Hi!
Yeah as in the link that I shared, you need to provide most of the information that you can about you, and they'll collect what they need, so for financial papers, put them all (your payslips and your savings, your money coming for another way)....,
And yes welcome anytime just msg me, I'll make sure to answer back.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. When should you begin the visa application process? I am a British national and I plan to marry my fiancée in February this year (she is a Morrocan national living in Morroco).

We both have all our documents and my income meets all the criteria. Is there anything I can do to speed up the visa application process before the marriage?

Kind regards,

Sayfur

Yeah, there's the fast track for your application I think I paid 500£ for it, and check your information twice at least before submitting the application, in the ITLS contact or the UK website they do mistakes you'll pay for it.
Welcome anytime.

Hi hope you do not mind me massaging you. Am planning to get married in april inshAllah in Agadir. I have all the documnets apart from a  birth certificate. Is a birth certificate really required there??

No problème, your so welcome, basically when you're going to try to apply they'll ask for all your paperwork translated in Arabic, so birth certificate is so important, but I think just passport copy will deal with it, and I'm not sure tell your other half to ask the Judge about it, because the process is different from a city to city.
All the best Inshaallah.

Salam alaykum, i will have the same issues i am Bulgarian, i am not British. InshaAllah i will do a nikkah with a morrocan girl in morroco and i want to bring her here to live with me in UK. We will do the nikkah and i will wait till she finishe uni 2020 at that time i will have settle status. So how i can bring her here. To do a civil marriage in uk or in Morroco how it will be easy to bring her to live with me in UK. Thanks

DeanKisyov wrote:

Salam alaykum, i will have the same issues i am Bulgarian, i am not British. InshaAllah i will do a nikkah with a morrocan girl in morroco and i want to bring her here to live with me in UK. We will do the nikkah and i will wait till she finishe uni 2020 at that time i will have settle status. So how i can bring her here. To do a civil marriage in uk or in Morroco how it will be easy to bring her to live with me in UK. Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The details regarding what you are asking about are all on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.

Once you've read that document and all the links it provides, if you have any further specific questions, then please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yeah of course you can, first thing, do not loose any chats between you guys, and also keep any paper work ( hotel, flights, gifts) you can provide them in the documents, so for the paper work, tell her to ask the judge in her city for the paper that you Need, and book in advance of one months before you go Morocco, she need an English test A life skills, so don't worry two years it's perfect, inshallah all will be fine.

So i want to bring her here as a fiance or a partner and i will have a 6 months to get married in Uk. When we are preparing her documents for the visa obviously she cant apply from UK because she cant come here, so we have to send the documents from Morocco, and how long does the process take,  because as far as i know we have to send her passport as well. Thanks

Tbh from my personal experience, I don't suggest to do the partern visa then the spouse visa, you'll just lose more money, when you can use it on the fast track, so what I did is :
We married in Morocco Islamic way, translated all the documents in English, make a report on our relationship and collect as much as I can of the document between us that prove that we're in real relationship, then applied for the A1 English test, and TB test.
So after all you apply for the spouce visa from the UK gov.  , they'll send her to the TLScontact
To put the passport and some documents.
If you pay the fast track they'll back to you before 3 months, no fast track it take to 6 months.
So this the fast way.