Immigration processing fee and working visa

I am Levitah C. Mapatac from the Philippines. I would like to inquire if asking of  the following amount wherein I was not interviewed yet for the job I was offered. Here the content of the letter and please help me to scrutinize if this legal or a scum:

Dear Client,

With reference to the priority instruction which we have received from your employer here in UAE  concerning the processing and issuance of your working permit/entry visa we confirm further details as follows.

In order to commence processing your working permit/entry visa into UAE, you have to complete the copy of our applicant working / entry visa registration form. Return as scan e-mail attachment, along with the below identification documents:

1.  COPY OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT.
2.  2 PASSPORTS SIZED PHOTOGRAPH (COLORED OR BLACK.WHITE)
3.  COMPLETE VISA FORM AS ATTACHED BELOW.

You have to complete the registration form and send along-with pre-requisite processing fee as stated below:

A. WORK PERMIT FEE = US$250
B. RESIDENCE PERMIT FEE = US$300
C. ENTRY CLEARANCE = US$ 300
D. RELEASE DOCUMENTS= US$400
E. COURIER /DISPATCH FEE = US$300
TOTAL: US$ 1,550
UAE Dirhams 5,522 AED

I hope you can enlighten me regarding this matter.

Respectfully yours,

Levitah C. Mapatac

Good Morning,

I have received an offer letter from a certain company in Abu dhabi UAE. I did not attend the interview though.

I was  instructed by the employer to pay AED 5,100 to a certain agency for visa and residence permit since i was relocating alone. The employer promised to refund the amount in five working days when i get to Abu Dhabi for work.

Someone please help me to know the legitimate of this one .

Levitah C. Mapatac wrote:

You have to complete the registration form and send along-with pre-requisite processing fee as stated below:

A. WORK PERMIT FEE = US$250
B. RESIDENCE PERMIT FEE = US$300
C. ENTRY CLEARANCE = US$ 300
D. RELEASE DOCUMENTS= US$400
E. COURIER /DISPATCH FEE = US$300
TOTAL: US$ 1,550
UAE Dirhams 5,522 AED

This is a clear SCAM. Once somebody are asking for payment processing fee, and you have not applied for it as stated on your post. Delete the scam message on your inbox straight away.

alexkathurima wrote:

Good Morning,

I have received an offer letter from a certain company in Abu dhabi UAE. I did not attend the interview though.

I was  instructed by the employer to pay AED 5,100 to a certain agency for visa and residence permit since i was relocating alone. The employer promised to refund the amount in five working days when i get to Abu Dhabi for work.

Someone please help me to know the legitimate of this one .

The way you describe it is a clear SCAM.

Once somebody are asking for payment processing fee, and you did NOT attend an interview and voila! you have job offer from unknown entity, that is a sign of scam.

A scam, without question.

If they ask for cash, ignore it

A scam.

Happens quite frequently.  I have even put up a sticky on the UAE forums.

Read:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=853822