Time of year to be looking for Teaching work?

Hello there,

I'm planning on moving to Vietnam to teach but wanted to backpack for a while before. Is there a time of year that is better for getting teaching work than others? Or is it pretty much year round?

Thanks in advance!

As with everywhere else in the world, you are better of applying just before the end of school terms. August seems to be popular.

The school term starts in August (I'm open to correction on that as it's a google job), so applying a few months before would seem logical.

I would strongly advise the OP NOT to teach if she isn't a qualified teacher as she's more likely to damage the student's education then help them.

Thanks. I think the fact that I'm asking about teaching would give the indication that I'm a qualified teacher.

Thanks! That is helpful!!

Hannahb5544 wrote:

Thanks. I think the fact that I'm asking about teaching would give the indication that I'm a qualified teacher.

It's nice to hear a qualified teacher is looking for work as a teacher, but there are lots of unqualified non-teachers doing the same.
I've seen a few here that are nothing short of atrocious so should never be anywhere near a classroom, but they carry on anyway.

Here's wishing you good luck in finding work ... but I suspect you would need luck.