Close

how much to live in Paradise- Madagascar

How much does it cost to live in Madagascar? I say it costs about $700 to $1200 a month to live in Madagascar. This all varies on what are your needs and habits.   Lets break down the costs to find out how much it cost to live in Madagascar. From rentals to transportation  to food and internet service/
This also depends on what part of the Island you will live.  Please share some of your experiences.

To start with the real basics of what are costs to live in any country is to see what the locals are paying for their lifestyle because if you really wanted to, you could live like a local.
In the story of Madagascar the basics starts with living on $40 a month ( more or less) in the rural areas.
You could rent a house for $3 a month with outside toilet and kitchen, no electric and water and I read that one vasaha did this in Nosy Be for a while.
So Now, we have a starting point and what is next is a list of items  you have that we can attach a price to in order to come to a monthly budget for you to live here in Madagascar.  I will say this, your expenses over time will come down from what you thought you will need to live on from your lifestyle in your home country. For example you may like certain food from your country that will be expensive to buy in the super markets. You will come to learn that the local foods are not only healthier for you but much better in taste and your budget for food can be reduced by as much as 80%, as you learn to buy from locals and the street markets.
What are your needs and luxuries that you have to have, Internet??, canal sat. TV???
Hot water???? Inside kitchen with gas, or wood sticks ( free) or charcoal???

Expatriate health insurance in Madagascar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Madagascar

Moving to Madagascar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Madagascar

Travel insurance in Madagascar

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Madagascar

Flights to Madagascar

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Madagascar