Close

Hotels in Phnom Penh where you should not stay

Hi everyone,

Since everyone here is a traveler and keep moving around. I decided to try to save you money and energy by sharing which hotels I stayed at are crap.
and the reasons why.

While in Phnom Penh dont stay in:

1.  Khun leng guest house . reason is it is family owned . and they dont give respect about your privacy.
Let us say , you went out for a sight visit or just overslept for past noon just because you party but you have been staying wih them soo long, from 11:00 am your phone will start ringing up to the time you go down or they keep banging on your door.

Never complain about their wifi because you will be strangled by the people around you, which they are many because these are their family member , who pretends to be police.

Beds have bed bugs which is a big no no.

2. The Mou hotel

The hotel is off street , so small street with dirty environment. You can see rats running around at night
because of dirty neighborhood. hotel is ok not beaten yet by guest. But  your things not safe. Many
of the guest said they have been missing money or others. At night , some people are smoking chemical substances so your head will be pain. Well, about wifi zero bandwidth.  You can not do your
work on line.

The management is quite rude even guest stay for 6 months . No service . They kick you out if you complain about their wifi. 

I know many wanted to know where to stay but this is a contribution based on my experience so you can avoid headaches and troubles.

Quite a useless thread, as such experiences are personal. It becomes interesting when the majority of people complain.

I checked Mou hotel on Booking.com and of the 4 reviews there are 2 excellent and 2 bad reviews.
So as I said it's personal, could be being there at the wrong time. Btw the hotel is booked out for November and December, so not too many people have problems there.

If you want to avoid your "problems", spend a bit more than $18 and stay in an upscale hotel away from the bar scene, they for sure will have excellent service and that's also what you pay for.

When in PP I always stay in a nice guesthouse in the middle of the bar area, a small market nearby, that brings the rats at night, before a garbage truck takes away the garbage, on a daily base.

Expatriate health insurance in Cambodia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cambodia

Moving to Cambodia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cambodia

Travel insurance in Cambodia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Cambodia

Flights to Cambodia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Cambodia