Close

health insurance

Hello Forum Experts

This question is for people who hold a UK passport.

Would it be worth it to take out health insurance when  I'm living and working in Malta for a year?
I'm covered at work - though minimally - and also see that there's a UK/Malta agreement in place.
My UK-based travel insurance with the Post Office has just run out and I'm not sure what to do next.

Views much appreciated.
Many thanks
Jeannie

Bupa - for example - only covers you for up to 3 months out the country.

Bupa converted me - at an insane price - to their international cover and kept my medical cover same without any kind of cool off for existing issues etc.

Personally, I rely on the reciprocal health care arrangement. Going free range seems to be both unnecessary and expensive.

We are using EHIC Plus for this year, gives a bit more than the free EHIC. As Vagrant states, why pay for worldwide if you are only going to EU.
Ray

RayAucote :

We are using EHIC Plus for this year, gives a bit more than the free EHIC. As Vagrant states, why pay for worldwide if you are only going to EU.
Ray

Are you referring to being on holiday or living here?  Once you are a resident here it does not apply.

thank you all for the information.
I'm resident and have an ID card.

best wishes
Jeannie

It could be both,  although if we decide on residency then the S1 route will be taken.
Ray

thanks all
Jeannie

Expatriate health insurance in Malta

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Malta

Moving to Malta

Find tips from professionals about moving to Malta

Travel insurance in Malta

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Malta

Flights to Malta

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Malta