Close

long flat running beaches

I love beach running. where on coast can I find long flat beaches that hopefully at least with tide out have firm sand.   so far ive found danang and south of danang to be GREAT..........so far ive gone about 15km south of danang. I suspect that in the tourist town south of danang  (HUE?) their might be good beach too.  I'm tempted to give vung tua   a try?  (the city beach side near hcm).  any recommendations?

Back Beach (Bai Sau), Vung Tau; Nha Trang; Doc Let, Hon Gom Peninsular, Long Beach (Bai Dai), all in Khanh Hoa Province.

that is a lot of information can u split the info up a bit more? thanks

ralphnhatrang :

Back Beach (Bai Sau), Vung Tau; Nha Trang; Doc Let, Hon Gom Peninsular, Long Beach (Bai Dai), all in Khanh Hoa Province.

are u saying that back beach in bai sau..........
vung tau...........
nha trang..........
doc let..............
hon gom peninsular........
long beach (bai dai),,,,,,,,,,, are all separate places??????????

or are all of these beaches above in khanh hoa province????????

thanks for info. like I said danang southward for at least 25 km thier are decent beachs . thanks

I have given the English names (and Vietnamese names in brackets).

At Vung Tau: Back Beach (= Bai Sau)
All the following beaches are in Khanh Hoa Province, which is in south Central Vietnam:

Nha Trang  main beach;

Hon Gom Peninsular - 70kms north of Nha Trang and 3kms south of Dai Lanh beach and fishing village. To get their, catch the Nha Trang city bus to Dai Lanh,   Or catch the local Nha Trang to Tuy Hoa train and get off at Dai Lanh village.  Ask the trains staff to put you off at Dai Lanh, because the station there is not called Dai Lanh. Walk or get a xe om back to the first turn off to the left, which is the beginning of the peninsular;

Doc Let - 55kms north of Nha Trang. Catch the local Nha Trang to Tuy Hoa train, get off at Ninh Hoa, then catch a xe om 15kms to the beach. Or catch the Nha Trang - Dai Lanh city bus to Ninh Hoa, then catch a xe om. There is a large, government-owned hotel complex here which will demand an entry fee. You can avoid the unnecessary fee by entering the beach to the south of the hotel.

Long Beach (Bai Dai) - 20 kms south of Nha Trang.  To get there, catch the city - airport bus (cheap) and get off at the roundabout) at the bottom of the hill after the cliffs.

You can look up all these beaches on google earth.

ralphnhatrang :

I have given the English names (and Vietnamese names in brackets).

At Vung Tau: Back Beach (= Bai Sau)
All the following beaches are in Khanh Hoa Province, which is in south Central Vietnam:

Nha Trang  main beach;

Hon Gom Peninsular - 70kms north of Nha Trang and 3kms south of Dai Lanh beach and fishing village. To get their, catch the Nha Trang city bus to Dai Lanh,   Or catch the local Nha Trang to Tuy Hoa train and get off at Dai Lanh village.  Ask the trains staff to put you off at Dai Lanh, because the station there is not called Dai Lanh. Walk or get a xe om back to the first turn off to the left, which is the beginning of the peninsular;

Doc Let - 55kms north of Nha Trang. Catch the local Nha Trang to Tuy Hoa train, get off at Ninh Hoa, then catch a xe om 15kms to the beach. Or catch the Nha Trang - Dai Lanh city bus to Ninh Hoa, then catch a xe om. There is a large, government-owned hotel complex here which will demand an entry fee. You can avoid the unnecessary fee by entering the beach to the south of the hotel.

Long Beach (Bai Dai) - 20 kms south of Nha Trang.  To get there, catch the city - airport bus (cheap) and get off at the roundabout) at the bottom of the hill after the cliffs.

You can look up all these beaches on google earth.

thanks a lot. it sounds like the only beach that is near any town of big size is the vung tau one.  the Nha trang one sounds like its like 20 km from the town.  thanks

You missed it:

ralphnhatrang :

Nha Trang  main beach;

just google "nha trang beach images" and find a flat one

gobot :

You missed it:

ralphnhatrang :

Nha Trang  main beach;

just google "nha trang beach images" and find a flat one

thanks running on the beach is tons of fun and easy on body

Nha Trang beach is 7kms long, but maybe a bit steep for running on the hard sand in the inter-tidal zone. Running on the soft sand above that is hard work.

looks like danang is still best spot. literally 20 km of flat long beach . not the greatest swimming but for running . perfect. hard sand.   problem is that in nov it rains alot thier.

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam