Complaint against a hospital administration.

Can anyone tell me how to (or is it possible) to make a formal complaint against a hospital (Luzon?).

I have a genuine complaint; I have written to the hospital involved and had meetings with them; they acknowledge the complaint, promise to investigate but don't do anything. Like many things in the Philippines, they think if they do nothing the problem will just go away!

Does anyone know if there is there a formal complaints procedure here, like there is in US, UK etc.

Will appreciate any comments. . . .thanks.

i don't know  your problem with them  is it really so bad ???

http://www.doh.gov.ph/

Got in hospital a few months ago they are golddiggers and complaint will go nowhere, there is no legal basis available in philippines

Thanks for your comment. . . . . .yes, hospitals here appear to have little or no interest in providing anything approaching a good health service; only grabbing as much money and in ripping off (especially) foreigners. I have heard that there is a complaints procedure, but can't find where it is.

If you still can not file a complaint against this hospital, how 'bout letting the media spread your story?

lol media accept bribes up and down, a 10,000 pesos bribe to the jornalist will silence all comments you seems to be pinay and you do not know that ???

Hi. . . .Thanks for your comment.

I have considered that but surely there is a mechanism somewhere to formally handle complaints against private hospitals. . . . .I just can't figure out where it is.

there is a mechanism for everything in philippines on paper  but no single one works

With respect, that is somewhat disingenuous.

Many systems work very well here, just not the medical system,  except maybe hospitals like St Luke's, Asian, Medical city etc.

bitepourrie wrote:

lol media accept bribes up and down, a 10,000 pesos bribe to the jornalist will silence all comments you seems to be pinay and you do not know that ???

Yes, I am a Filipina. What does my nationality have to do with me not knowing? Maybe I just assume the good in people that a good story would be worth something to their job. Something to inform the public about because it is very unfair for OP and even locals like me who pay for medical expense that is not of quality.

lol St luke... hold your petaka because you never gone know where your bill ends up... note i live 24 years in this country i can speak with some expertise

Hi, MaroBautista

I agree with you.

Nationality does not come into it. Some people are always ready to make bad comments about everything and anything. I have also lived here for a few years and know that many things are not up to European standards BUT we are not in Europe.

You are also correct that a story of genuine grievance is as much of interest and concern to a Filipino as it is to an expat.