Close

Partner skill assesment

Hi,

I am  looking to apply for PR in Australia. we are currently staying in US .We heard that the spouse can get five points if they meet the following requirement

You can receive five points if, when you are invited to apply for this visa, your partner provides evidence that they:
1) were under 50 years of age -- This is OK
2) had at least competent English -- This is OK
3) had nominated an occupation on the same skilled occupation list as your nominated occupation - My spouse is holding a degree in Bachelor of Engineering  but do not have any work experience but willing to work as Software Tester .
4) had been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as having suitable skills for the nominated occupation. - What does it mean? assessed by the relevant assessing authority? Is it ACS? If So, How do they assess whether the applicant has suitable skills?

Considering the situation Will i be able to get those five points if she satisfies only Point 1 & 2. We are very new to the Australian PR requirement and don't have anyone to help us. Your help would be much appreciated.

Expatriate health insurance in Australia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Australia

Moving to Australia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Australia

Travel insurance in Australia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Australia

Flights to Australia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Australia