Close

California Driver's License

I've just been through the immense joy of getting my driver's license in California. I already have an Australian driver's license but that doesn't apply here. I've written a couple of blog posts about my experiences and giving as many tips as possible.

But I was wondering how you fared with the process? Did you like it? Was it difficult? Did you get any unpleasant surprises?

If you wan to check out what I went through: brightlightsofamerica.com

Your Australian driver license (like most foreign drivers licenses) is valid for 3 months in California. After that, you need to get a California driver license if you established residency in the state of California.
I don't know about the process to obtain a driver license in Australia, but compared to Europe, obtaining a driver license in California is very easy and completely inexpensive. The only hassle is the long lines at the DMV in California. When I lived in Tennessee, there were only 3 people in front of me at the drivers license administration, nothing compared to California. :)

Expatriate health insurance in the USA

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the USA

Moving to the USA

Find tips from professionals about moving to the USA

Travel insurance in the USA

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the USA

Flights to the USA

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the USA