Close

U.S. Embassy Security Message: Risk of kidnapping in southern Cebu

U.S. Embassy warning to travelers in southern Cebu.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/themes/cms3/assets/images/default-blog-seal.png

https://ph.usembassy.gov/security-messa … hern-cebu/

Hello Teejay, Thank you for the heads up. Ironically  i am planning a trip to Cebu city in a few weeks and dont think there will be a problem if i stay in the city?

Thank you for posting this. BTW DU30 just said the drug pushers are switching to KFR, so this now applies nationwide. Perhaps those who "feel" or "think" they are safe here will pay attention.

hi All,
Im currently in Cebu City, and haqve not noticed any extra police or activity, except for the Manny fight. As always, you keep your wits about you and dont go to places you know your not welcome.
Take care All

Mark

Hi Scott, I'm staying here in Cebu City, there's nothing to worry if you plan to visit here in Cebu City. I just heard the news about teejay post but the police doesn't hear about it if ever there is. They already check the area especially South Boundary like beaches. :)

Hello Jel_anz, Thank you for your update. Its my understanding that the problem is in the south of Cebu by some named islands where the tourists congregate? Better to just stay away from the area the Embassy mentioned.

The anti American sediment should subside now that the US has a REAL President.

Please read the link below:
Link

A prank by attention-seeker teenager and became viral.

WhiskyTangoFoxtrot :

The anti American sediment should subside now that the US has a REAL President.

Yes, Americans all over the world will feel safer 1/20/17.  They won't be any safer.

jazz.cebu2016 :

Please read the link below:
Link

A prank by attention-seeker teenager and became viral.

Have you contacted the U.S. State department and the consulate in manila and other countries governments to let them know that their warnings are unfounded because of the information you have uncovered?  So, are you and the police director personally guaranteeing the safety of all foreigners in the southern Cebu area?

Your post is dangerously uninformed.

Foreigners are ALWAYS subject to KFR here, maybe more so now.

Expatriate health insurance in Cebu

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Cebu

Moving to Cebu

Find tips from professionals about moving to Cebu

Travel insurance in Cebu

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Cebu

Flights to Cebu

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Cebu