Close

Obstetrics and maternity care in Kiev

Hi!

Does anyone or their partners have experience of having a baby in Kiev? Any ideas of a good Obstetric and good doctors and good modern maternity hospital that does the whole lot...pre natal, delivery, paediatric care etc. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

ISIDA provides all such services and has English speaking doctors.  I personally never tried them.

Thanks for the reply

You need to be very careful.   Do your homework.  My Ukrainian wife refused to give birth in Ukraine.   Her friends encouraged me to go back to Japan.

I thought they were just being paranoid but after reading horror stories on Ukrainian forums,  I can only say that my wife and her friends are right.

Even a simple dna testing for down syndrome has gone wrong in this country.  Ok so it's not that simple but it's gone wrong with the procedure using the needle and results were wrong.   Long story short, the DNA testing said that the child did not have down syndrome but ended up having it.

The parents are suing the doctors, like that is going to change anything.

even the best hospitals are lacking one thing or another and should complication arise, they need to haul you to another hospital.   Most hospitals just don't have all the necessary equipment.

anyway do your homework.  the most important thing is to ask, should any complication arise, does the hospital have the necessary staff and equipment.   Last thing you need is getting shoved into an ambulance for birth complications and being transferred to another hospital.

Expatriate health insurance in Kiev

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kiev

Moving to Kiev

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kiev

Travel insurance in Kiev

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kiev

Flights to Kiev

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kiev