Close

Are dogs are allowed in apartments ?

Hi all, I'll rellcate to Singaopre in few months with my dog. Can you pls help me to undrestand if dogs are allowed in apartments (my company will pay the rent for me so I guess I'll stay in apartment).
Many thx
Davide

d.guglielminotti :

Hi all, I found these information very useful! I'll rellcate to Singaopre in few months with my dog. Can you pls help me to undrestand if dogs are allowed in apartments (my company will pay the rent for me so I guess I'll stay in apartment).
Many thx
Davide

This has been discussed before on the forum, if I remember correctly.
In any case, as far as I know the situation is as follows:
- No dogs are allowed in HDB flats (which are 90% of all apartments and usually have lower rents)
- Some Condo complexes have rules against dogs, or against certain dogs (e.g. small dogs allowed, bigger ones not)
- Some landlords also dislike dogs (e.g. all Muslims, for whom dogs are "haram" or unclean, and many other Singaporeans are also afraid of dogs or dislike them)
So, you need a Condo that allows dogs and a landlord who is understanding. It does exist, but limits your choices!

Many thx. Which is the difference between HDB and condo?
Thx a lot

If you know nothing about the Singapore property market, it is time to read about it in detail, as it differs considerably from other places.
HDBs are governmentally subsidised apartments, in which 90% of all Singaporeans live. Condos are upmarket private complexes, mostly with amenities like security guards (completely unnecessary in safe Singapore, but a status symbol) and swimming pools. There are also a few, hard to find and expensive landed houses for rent - plan on paying around S$10000/month if you want one.

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore