Close

kids and education outside of Managua

Hello,
We are looking to move to Nica in about a year and a half. Our kids will be 9 and 10 and don't speak Spanish. We are interested in what people do with kids in the smaller towns. We aren't sure where we will be living... we have 2 vacations planned to help us figure that out.

I would love to hear all your stories and experiences. The good the bad and the ugly.
Thanks
Melissa

hi!  We have three kids, ages 7, 10 and 12.  We are moving in two years also, to San Juan del Sur.  We visit often, and are involved in the education community there.  For English speakers, there are two options currently.  San Juan del Sur Day School is an accredited, full day English language school.  They have a beautiful campus and lots of happy student families.  Escuela Adelante is a bilingual school located right in town, where you will see a student body that mimics the demographics of the local population.  Right now, Escuela Adelante offers bilingual preschool, and for older kids, afternoon programs as a supplement to home school or online school, but they are working to obtain a space to support a full day program.  You can find out more about both schools at their websites.

Hi Carrie,
I just saw your reply! Thank you for that. I'm also inspired that you've been many times. We are going for two weeks the last week of January. I will look into both your schools mentioned. May I ask what draws you to SJDS? And even Nica in general?
Cheers,
Melissa

Expatriate health insurance in Nicaragua

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Nicaragua

Moving to Nicaragua

Find tips from professionals about moving to Nicaragua

Travel insurance in Nicaragua

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Nicaragua

Flights to Nicaragua

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Nicaragua